Friday, January 7, 2011

Current Favorite Lip Glosses


If you've been reading my blog for long then you know all about my love hate relationship with gloss. The fact that I've had FOUR glosses in my makeup bag all week is huge because I'm not a huge fan of anything on my lips.


L to R: Chanel Glossimer in Imaginaire, Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in Sunrise Nude, Sally Hansen Liptonic Gem in Embellished, and ELF Minty Lip Gloss in Chicago.

As you can see, the shades are in two categories: kinda plummy or kinda nude. I;m not really big on super pigmented glossses. I look for more of a soft wash of color, something I get from each and every one of these glosses.


L to R: Chanel Glossimer in Imaginaire, Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in Sunrise Nude, Sally Hansen Liptonic Gem in Embellished, and ELF Minty Lip Gloss in Chicago.

I;m also a big fan of all of the applicators. I was a bit unsure of the brush applicator on the Sally Hansen Liptonic gloss because they tend to deposit a bit too much product. No such problem with this gloss! The formula is superb--not too slick, not too thick.

Some swatches:

Top to bottom: Chanel Glossimer in Imaginaire, Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in Sunrise Nude, Sally Hansen Liptonic Gem in Embellished, and ELF Minty Lip Gloss in Chicago.

They're not too pigmented, definitely a plus. I got the Sally Hansen gloss at the Dollar Tree for a buck and was thinking the color would be very garish and dark, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the fresh and sheer look of the gloss on my lips!

Full review Chanel Glossimer (click here).
Ful review Revlon Gloss (click here).
The other two reviews are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment