Monday, January 17, 2011

My Current Face Products!


This is just a quick post on the products I've been using the past couple of weeks on my face. I forgot one product, and that's my NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder in Translucent, which I use to set my makeup. Other than that, this has been it for the past few weeks!


Clockwise: Carmindy for Sally Hansen Cream Bronzer in Rio Glow, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in 150 Classic Ivory, and Jemma Kidd Stain, Flush, Blush Concentrate in Flirt.

1. Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation

I bought this a few weeks ago and I really like the convenience of this product. I like cream foundations because they just go on so easily. I use the sponge it came with to apply. It's medium coverage, but definitely buildable. I use a thin layer to cove up redness, and then build it up anywhere I need some extra coverage, like dark circles (which I barely have) or a pimple. I will be posting a full review of this later this week!

2. Carmindy for Sally Hansen Cream Bronzer in Rio Glow

I use this mostly to contour my face, adding a bit of color in the process. It looks intimidatingly dark in the pan, but it goes on very sheer and smooth. A problem I've had with bronzer in the past is that it looks very obvious that I have something on. This looks very natural in terms of finish. You can barely tell I've got something on. I use a regular blush brush to stipple it on and a little goes a really long way!

3. Jemma Kidd Stain, Flush, Blush Concentrate in Flirt

This cream blush gives me just the right hint of color. I usually stay away from blushes because I spend so much time covering up the redness on my face that I hesitate to put any back on. I use this high up on the cheek bones to give a more contoured effect and I really like how natural the color looks!

4. NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder in Translucent (Not Pictured)
With so many cream products, it is imperative to set them and I use a bit of this powder. It's a great no-frills product. It does what it says it will do, which is set the makeup. It doesn't do much else, but then again I don't need it to. It gives me a very smooth finish, which I really love. It doesn't really look like I'm wearing much powder at all!

Swatches:

Top to bottom: Jemma Kidd Stain Flush Blush in Flirt, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in Classic Ivory, and Carmindy for Sally Hansen Cream Bronzer in Rio Glow heavy swatch and then blended.

Thanks for reading! I'll be posting reviews on the bronzer and foundation shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment