Friday, January 28, 2011

{Empties+Review} Hourglass Extreem Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Reflect


I've finished another product! Yay!!! I do feel a bit of regret for finishing this one. It's one of Hourglasse's Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Glosses. The one I own is in Reflect, which is just a clear gloss with a ton of shimmer in it. It looks pink in the tube, but applies pretty much clear. I'm not a huge fan of completely clear glosses, but this one gives so much shine that I can't help but rave about it.



The brush:

I normally hate brush applicators for glosses because they tent to dispense too much product, but this one isn't half bad. It took a little bit of getting used to because it's longer than normal brush applicators and the gloss itself is thin, but I love the effect it gives. You'll see what I mean in the pics below!

A swatch:

So as I said, pretty much clear. There's the teeniest bit of pink, but it looks clear on the lips.

A better swatch:

Look how shiny and shimmery!!!

A lip swatch:

The glitter isn't really very chunky or anything. It's very understated, but just contributes to the amazing glossiness of this gloss.

Another lip swatch:

Sorry for the blur, but I wanted to make sure that you could see how incredibly glossy this gloss is!

If you're willing to splurge, this gloss is great, so much more than just a clear gloss. It is very very glossy. More than just being super glossy, it's one of the most moisturizing lip glosses I've EVER used. It feels like I'm wearing a balm and a gloss, it's that good. And I never get those crumbs on my lips from my lips being dry when wearing this gloss. It smells like vanilla, but the scent goes away pretty fast so if you hate scented glosses, you may be ok with this one. My only complaint about this gloss is that it is a pretty thin gloss, so the lasting power isn't as great as other more tacky glosses, about 2 hrs. But I can overlook that because the shine is amazing and my lips feel really well cared for after wearing this gloss. I think I can say that these glosses are coming to be my new favorite after Chanel Glossimers! Now, they have changed the packaging, but I don't really like the new packaging. I'll definitely repurchase it from ebay or Amazon in the older packaging which I think looks more sophisticated!

Pros:
-VERY SHINY!
-Moisturizing.
-Nice scent.
-Non sticky.
-Really nice packaging.

Cons:
-Expensive.
-Not very long lasting.

Info:

Price: $28 (Eek!)

Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Ethylcellulose, Isostearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Dilinoleyl Alcohol, Hydroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica Silylate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Glycerin, Water, Lysolecithin, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Vanillin, Flavor, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410:2), Red 30 Lake (CI 45410:2).

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was purchased by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure don't hesitate to ask in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment