Monday, January 31, 2011

{Review} Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

I am very very excited to be doing a full mascara review, this one for the Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in black!!! I really really like this mascara. I feel that Revlon mascaras get a bad rap. Sure, not all of them are great, but there are quite a few gems in the mix, like this one, for instance. I really urge you guys to try out some Revlon mascaras. A lot of them are really really great!!!

The idea behind this mascara is that, along with giving you nice and thick, black lashes, it also conditions them and helps them grow longer. I don't think I've been using this mascara long enough to really see its effectiveness, but as far as thickening and lengthening goes, this mascara is perfect for every day!

It has a MASSIVE brush:
L, Revlon Grow Luscious R, CoverGirl LashBlast

If you thought your LashBlast had a huge brush, you ain't seen nothing yet, lol! I'd wager to say it's somewhere around the size of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, if not bigger!!!

My bare lashes BEFORE:



If you look closely, in the middle of my eye I've got a couple of sparse spots where a few lashes feel out a while ago and have yet to grow in, one of the reasons I was interested in this mascara. I'm forever rearranging my lashes after I apply mascara to hide the sparse spots.

AFTER:

Sorry for the blur, but you gotta admit: pretty good length, eh!?


As you can see, a really dramatic difference. It could be a bit more thickening, but I really don't mind. The above pics were after one coat of mascara. You could quite easily build the volume up with a couple more coats. I love the super black color, too! It gives me the blackest, sootiest lashes! The formula is perfect too! It's a bit wetter than Revlon's other mascaras, but nothing like some of Maybelline's and L'Oreal's mascaras (the ones with the spiky applicators). It doesn't smudge or flake on me either, but then again I rarely have a problem with mascaras doing that on me so maybe I'm not the best one to ask. I do like that it holds a curl relatively well! Most mascaras I've tried (that are thickening), are usually too heavy to do so.

The only possibly negative I can think of is the obvious fact that the brush is a little to big. I quite like it, but I think I could get the same effect with a slightly less thick brush. I do like the length though. I can get most of my lash line in one go, which I quite like. My personal preference with mascara wands is the traditional wands. I hate those spiky plastic ones like the Define-A-Lash mascara from Maybelline because they simply don't work for my lashes. They give me no volume whatsoever. I like how the Grow Luscious brush is tapered, too, because it does make it a bit easier to get the inner corners and lower lash line. It does take a bit of getting used to because it is very easy to get smudges on the upper lash line.

Like this:

I find that sometimes if I;m not careful it looks like I'm wearing liner when I'm not. If the brush was just a bit thinner (but not shorter) I think this would be my HG mascara! I love the overall effect of long, thick, flirty, fluttery lashes!!! I highly recommend! And I found it for $4 at Big Lots with a single eyeshadow!!!

Pros:
-Lengthening.
-Thickening.
-Holds a curl well.
-Super black.
-Doesn't smudge or flake.
-Good price.

Cons:
-Really long BIG brush makes it a bit difficult to apply.

Info:

Price: $8.99 (I got it for $4 at Big Lots and it came w/a single eyeshadow)

Ingredients: Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Trisiloxane, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Cera Carnauba Cire (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth 200 Linoleate, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal) (Acacia Senegal), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Nylon 6, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Panthenol, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was purchased by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure don't hesitate to ask in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment