Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Review: Revlon Lipgloss and Nailpolish Duo: Sunrise Nude and Sheer Peach


So I was at Ocean State Job Lot a while ago and spotted this Revlon lip and nail duo for $1.99 and just had to get it. I really only got it for the lip gloss cause I've been craving a nude sparkly shade with not too much pigmentation, but to be honest, the polish isn't half bad.


The nail polish shade is Sheer Peach. I'd say it's more white in color than peach.


The shade of the gloss is Sunrise Nude. I've got to say that this is one of the prettiest glosses I've tried from Revlon. It's not very pigmented, but if you could see the sparkle in this baby, you'd swoon!!!


Yeah, this is as best a picture as I could get with my crappy camera. In reality, the sparkles are multicolored-some are blue-ish/purple-ish, some orange, some white. The overall effect is gorgeous but not too glitzy.

Swatch on my hand:

I would definitely say that it's got more shimmer in real life.

On my lips:

It's super super glossy, which I love about the Revlon Super Lustrous line. All of these glosses have a very lacquered finish.

And a swatch of Sheer Peach:

It's a nice nude. I'm thinking of adding a bit of white to it to make it more opaque. Other than that, it looks great on the toes.

First off, the gloss is very very glossy. It has a fairly thick lacquer feel, but it's not too sticky. I don't find this gloss (or any of the Super Lustrous glosses) drying, but I wouldn't say that they are moisturizing either. Personally, I like to layer glosses over lip balm so that my lips don't look gross by the end of the day and I don't have to deal with tackiness. This gloss also has a bit of a smell. It's fairly strong, but I don't necessarily think it's too bad. The only complaint I have about this shade is that I wish it was a bit more pigmented. You can see a slight darkening in my lips when I wear it, but not enough to really be noticeable. I really dislike clear glosses, and this one is just a few steps above that. Other than that, I highly recommend this shade and others in the Super Lustrous line. They're affordable, last, and come in a huge variety of shades.

As for the nail polish, I like the shade. It's a sheer white (a bit too sheer, in my opinion) with peach and silver shimmer in it. I really like how this shade isn't streaky. Most nudes you get at the drugstore (or even more high end actually) can be a pain to apply, but this one's great. The only warning I have to put out is that Revlon polishes tend to go on quite thick (in terms of formula). I wouldn't recommend doing more than two coats at one time because you mey end up with really gooey nails (you know, the ones that take three years to harden and then are all dented) or bubbles. But stick to two coats and you'll be fine.

Oh, and quick note-this shade (gloss) is discontinued and is the old formula. Apparently Revlon has redone these glosses and is adding SPF 15 and making them more moisturizing. I think there may be a change in packaging as well, but I'm not positive. I hope they don't change them too much cause I like the packaging. Unlike many drugstore brands, Revlon's packaging looks somewhat sophisticated but not old.

Info:

Price: $1.99 (Ocean State Job Lot-You can also find these types of duo's a Big Lots-just make sure they're not expired.)

Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder Poudre de Soie), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

Disclosure: The products featured in this post were bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment