Thursday, January 20, 2011

{Tip Thursday} 3 Great Skin Care Trade Ins To Save You $$$

This week is all about saving money in the long run, and there are several items in your skincare routine that you can trade in for cheaper products without sacrificing quality or effectiveness.

1. Makeup wipes for baby wipes. Baby wipes are dirt cheap, are larger, and clean as well as a lot of facial towelettes. I use them in conjunction with my Almay Moisturizing Liquid Makeup Remover. I use a cotton bud soaked in it to remove most of the eye makeup and then I wipe the residue away with my a wipe. I used to use the Ponds ones, but at $6 for 30, it gets expensive fast. Just make sure you choose baby wipes that are hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic and scent free.

2. High end cleanser for drugstore cleanser. The cleansing part of the skincare routine is one the drugstores have mastered. You may not find a moisturizer, scrub or a toner of equal quality, but I can say with certainty that you should be able to find a cheaper alternative for your high end cleanser for much less. I really like Estee Lauders Perfectly Clean cleanser for normal or combo skin or any of the Shiseido foaming cleansers. But at over $30 each, that got expensive fast. I've been using Olays 7-in-1 Anti-aging Revitalizing Foaming Cleanser. At $10, it's a third of the cost and just as effective.

3. High end sunblock for drugstore sunblock. While I know people always advise us to spend more on a sunblock, I feel that drugstore brands like Neutrogena have finally matched the high end product. I used to love the Shiseido's Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion, SPF 38. But with daily use the $34 bottle goes fast. I recently discovered Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Daily Liquid Sunblock, SPF 55 (or 70 if you prefer). It's $12.99 and amazing! It's a liquid sunblock that goes on very smooth and non greasy. I feel comfortable wearing it under makeup and a moisturizer because the formula is so thin. I highly recommend this one and will be reviewing it soon.

That's it for now! Just three. I hope some of these tips help you save some much needed $$$!

No comments:

Post a Comment