Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Review: YSL Ombre Solo Double-Effect in Brun Vision (Mink Brown)


I haven't done an eyeshadow review in a while, so I figured it was time! This one's from YSL. It's one of their double effect shadows, where one side is shimmerier and lighter than the other


I have #4, which is Brun Vision (or Mink Brown). Its more purple, really.

And of course, as this is YLS, the packaging is superb! Even if it does show every single little smudge and fingerprint :(






The actual shadow:

So a shimmery lilac on one side, and a less shimmery purplish taupe on the other.

Some swatches:



I applied them without a base. With a base, they are a lot more pigmented. I noticed that the lighter side is a lot softer than the darker side, which leads me to believe that I'll go through it faster. I wish it was the opposite, that they have more of the light and less of the dark because it's usually the lighter shadow that you finish first. But oh well. Both shadows go on very smooth and blend easily. It is very easy to get a smoky or a day look. Lately I've been pairing the darker side with a black shadow for a smoky eye. The effect is really nice because of the purple tones. I love the shade. I have an addiction to purple shadows, and this one definitely counts. I like that it's more subdued because I can get more wear out of it on a daily basis. It also comes with a really tiny sponge tip applicator that's basically useless. I just apply with a brush. I obviously like the packaging (I mean, come one, who wouldn't!!!), and I'm really happy that it comes with a mirror. Even though I almost never use, every now and then it comes in handy. I really love the YSL shadows, and this is no exception. I really wasn't expecting to like them so much when I first tried them a couple of years ago. Of course, it does take some time to justify the hefty price tag, but if you can afford them, they really are great. Do you need this one? Probably not. Do you want it? Yes!

Info:

Price: $28.50

Ingredients: ZINC STEARATE . POLYETHYLENE . ACRYLATES COPOLYMER . SILICA . DIMETHICONE . DIMETHICONOL . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . ISONONYL ISONONANOATE . CETYL TRIETHYLMONIUM DIMETHICONE PEG-8 SUCCINATE . PTFE . DIISOSTEARYL MALATE . POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER . SYNTHETIC WAX . AQUA (WATER) . TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE . CELLULOSE GUM . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . SQUALANE . LAURYL METHACRYLATE/ GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER . CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE . METHYLPARABEN . GLYCERIN . DICAPRYLYL ETHER . CASSIA ANGUSTIFOLIA SEED POLYSACCHARIDE . GELLAN GUM . POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE . [+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77019 (MICA) . TALC . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . TIN OXIDE . ]

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment