Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review: L.A. Colors 12 Eyeshadow Palette in Chic


This is another L.A. Colors review for the same 12 Eyeshadow Palette, but this time in the shade Chic, a palette of purples. I have to say that I was really disappointed with this one. Yes, it was only $1, but based on my experience with the Traditional palette (reviewed here) I was expecting more :(

The shadows:


Some closeups:



I was really excited by some of the shades in the palette, especially the third one in (from the left) on the bottom row as well as the last in the bottom row. I've got a lot of really dark purples, but not too many mid-toned shades. These LOOKED good, but unfortunately, as you'll see below didn't swatch well at all.

Some swatches:

**excuse my creepy veins, haha**
Like with the Traditional palette they were swatched on my bare hand, no primers/bases. They barely show up at all, so unless you need a palette of, for the most part, highlighters, skip this one.

I also tried applying some of the darker shades over Urban Decay Primer Potion, but even then they applied just a teensy bit better:

**again, excuse the creepy veins**
Overall, a big disappointment for me. I mean for a dollar you really can't go wrong, but still I wouldn't recommend this one. I still like how the palette includes a variety of different finishes and textures and how soft and silky the shadows are, but there's really only one or two shades that I would be able to use with decent pigmentation. Anyway, there is also a blue version of these palettes which I may check out in the future. You can try this one and see if you can get better results (perhaps apply wet?), but I really think it's a waste of money, even a dollar, unless you're looking for a palette of highlight colors.

Info:

Price: $1

Ingredients: (Not listed on packaging and I haven't been able to find them online. If I find them, I'll post them.)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment