Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Review: Revlon ColorStay Lipstick in Ripened Red


If you're looking for a good, non drying but lasting lipstick, check out this line from Revlon! I'm a huge fan as they go on super velvety and smooth, but also last for ever!


This review is for the lipstick in the shade Ripened Red. I chose this shade as it's a dusty red, not nearly the fire engine red that you often come across at the drugstore. It's a bit lighter, which is a lot more flattering for my pale skin.

The actual lipstick:

I've had mine for a while so it's a bit worn down.

Swatches:

Left: heavier application. Right: super light.

On my lips:


And because I couldn't resist, another pretty pic:

I love how this color looks on my lips. It's red, but too in-your-face-bright-red, which is nice. I also really like the texture and finish. It goes on really smooth. I've never encountered a lipstick with this type of texture. It just melts onto your lips. In a few minutes it sets to a more velvety texture. However, although it dries a bit, it still feels moist. A lot of those long lasting lipsticks end up feeling crumbly/dry, but not this one! It has just enough of a sheen to it after it sets that it still looks fresh, even after a couple of hours. And it lasts amazingly, easily lasting over four hours without reapplication. It really does last. I was taking it off before bed and I had to use my Almay liquid makeup remover. It wouldn't come off with just a standard wipe. And when you wear it, there really is no transfer whatsoever. If you like super pigmented, long lasting, and velvety smooth lipsticks, you'll love this line! I know some people might balk at spending $10 for a drugstore lipstick, but it's really worth it with this line!

Info:

Price: $9.99

Ingredients: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), BHT, Propylparaben, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 21 (CI 45380), Orange 5 (CI 45370)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment