Monday, July 12, 2010

Review: Korres Eyeshadow in Silver


I got this eyeshadow primarily because it was on sale for $7 at Sephora. Not that Korres products are that expensive (compared with other high end brands), but other than their lip butters I hadn't tried any of their products and was a bit disappointed by some of the color choices. They just seemed so ordinary compared to other brands like Nars or Urban Decay. But when I saw this baby on sale I had to get it cause I don't own any shade of eyeshadow even remotely close to this one! I'm really really glad I got it!


The shade I got it in is silver, but it is a greenish silver, almost like a very light seafoam color. I ind that if you want a little bit of color during the day this shade works very well.

The actual shadow:

As you can see, I've already tested mine out a couple of times. I love the formula of this shadow. It's very smooth and velvety. I don't even have to rub my brush across to pick up a good amount of product. I just press my brush down and am ready to go. A little goes a very long way. Even though the packaging seems kind of small, you get a good amount of product inside. I actually really like how compact the container is.

And a swatch:

It looks a bit more green in real life, but just as shimmery. Fair warning: if you don't like shimmer you won't like this eyeshadow. It is uber shimmery. Except for my Jemma Kidd eyeshadow in Vintage, it's just about the shimmeriest I own. I like shimmer, though, so it's not a problem. I've been wearing this shadow with a blue liner from CoverGirl and the effect is gorgeous. It makes my eyes seem sooooo blue it's amazing. I would highly recommend this to anyone with blue or grey eyes. The green tones really go well with my blue eyes. The staying power is about the same as other eyeshadows even though they claim to be long wearing, so wear a primer. Other than that, the only negative I can say about this eyeshadow is that I don't like how the container doesn't have a mirror. I know, it's tiny to begin with, but it actually does come in handy in a hurry. I've got other singles that come with a mirror, like the ones from YSL or Nars. I think what bothers me is that it doesn't have a clear top. I opened it and kind of expected that it'd have a small mirror just because it didn't have the clear top, and then was disappointed when it didn't. It's not that big a deal though. It is an awesome shadow! I also like how Korres is an eco-conscious brand. They shy away from harmful, unnatural ingredients, which is an added plus for anyone looking for more eco-friendly makeup. I don't know if Sephora's still got these cause I didn't see them on the website, but on the Korres website they are also on sale for $7.

Info:

Price: $16 (I got it on sale at Sephora for $7.)

Ingredients: Ingredients for shades 12, 18, 22, 24, 34, 42, 44, 46, 54, 74, 64, & 82: Talc, Nylon-12, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, [+/- (may contain) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake]. Ingredients for shades 10, 27, 51, 77, & 84: Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil Glycerides, Calcium Gluconate, [+/- (May Contain) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake].

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment