Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review: L. A. Colors 12 Eyeshadow Palette in Traditional (Only $1!!!)


This is the first review of the bunch of products I showed in the haul post. It's for, obviously, the L.A. Colors 12 Eyeshadow Palette in Traditional, basically 12 browns and highlights. I also got a similar one in purple, but I'll review that one later. I've gotta say that while I love experimenting with different colors, I always come back to my neutrals. They're the colors I go through the most often and reach for just about on a daily basis. And this palette is a must have for anyone who doesn't have that much time in the morning and needs a good selection of neutrals for work. It is sooo convenient to have all the colors that I need in one palette, one very light and compact palette that easily fits into my purse. For the $1 I paid for it, it's a steal!

Here's the inside:

As you can see, there are 9 shades of brown, ranging from very light to very dark, and then three highlight shades (a white, a peach, and a pale gold).

Closeup pictures:



I've been using this palette for the past week just about every day.

Some swatches:



I know that the top row looks like it isn't very pigmented, but they really are. They are just the lighter shades and the midtoned shades. Keep in mind that I usually wear them over my UDPP, but here they are swatched on my bare hand. The consistency of these shadows is great. They are very silky soft. A bit on the powdery side, but not too bad. I didn't have much of an issue with fallout when I did my makeup in the morning. They go on smooth and blend very well. With other discount palettes the shadows tend to go on bright and then turn muddy/wash out when you start to blend, but not with these. They stay fairly vibrant through the blending. As far as wear, you will need a primer. Because they are more powdery than more expensive eyeshadows they will crease faster so be sure to wear something that they can stick to. As far as shade selection is concerned, I like the range. You get a variety of finishes and colors. You get some shades that have some very fine shimmer and others with some glitter, which is nice, I think, because I like glitter. There are also a couple of shades that look like they have shimmer in them but really apply almost matte, which is helpful for an understated look. I only wish that there was a black as that would come in handy so that I could use it as a liner with a damp brush. Overall, at the cost of $1 (!!!) your really can't go wrong with this palette.

Info:

Price: $1 (I got mine at Family Dollar, but I'm sure that you can find it at other retailers.)

Ingredients: (Not listed on packaging and I haven't been able to find them online. If I find them, I'll post them.)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment