Friday, February 4, 2011

{Empties+Review} Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Splash Away Foaming Cleanser


I finished another product! YAY!!! Wow, I've really just been going through everything super quickly this month. This time, it's a skin care product, a cleanser. I actually got this as a gift from my mom, along with a couple of other things. It is Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Splash Away Foaming Cleanser for normal or combo skin. I told my mom how I really love thick, foamy cleansers like the Shiseido one, and she was nice enough to get me something similar to try out! And let me tell you, this cleanser is heavy duty. It will make your skin squeaky clean! And it feels as thick as shaving cream, lol!

Again, this one is for normal or combo skin. I know they also make one for oily skin (in the greenish tube) and one for dry or sensitive, I don't remember which, in the pink tube. I'm planning on trying out the one for oily skin soon!

If you've never tried a high end foaming cleanser before, you must get a sample! YOU MUST!!! I don't know how they do it, but the foam is so thick, and rich. It works up into the most luxurious feeling lather, almost like foaming cream. And it gets every bit of dirt, oil, or left behind makeup off of your face.

The dispenser is a simple squeeze tube.

Can you see how thick it is!?

Spread out:
Look at that texture!!!

And with water:

This is on the back of my hand so it's not as thick, but if you really use both your hands to work it you can get a really nice and thick lather going!!!

I've been using this for the past month to cleanse morning and night. It is a great basic cleanser. It cleans your face, and that's about it. Estee Lauder claims that this product rebalances your skin, but I personally don't think so. I do love how when I use this, my face feels very very clean. There is no film or tightness left behind like with some other cleansers. And the texture of this cleanser is like nothing else (except maybe the Shiseido cleansers, haha!). No gel or cream cleanser can compare to the luxurious feeling this cleanser has.

And because it foams a lot you need the tiniest amount each time you cleanse. I used a pea size amount morning and night and that was more than enough to get my entire face! 4.2 oz doesn't seem like much, but it's lasted me months.

As far as negatives go, if you have dry skin this may be a bit drying on you. Even if you just have normal skin with a bit of dryness here and there, it may be a bit too drying. I have oily skin so I don't have a problem with this cleanser taking all the oil off of my face. And the prices, $20, may be a bit high for some. It is $15 cheaper than the Shiseido one I like. It all depends on how much you can spend. but I really think this one is worth the price!

Pros:
-Really thick and foamy.
-Cleans the face very well.
-Doesn't leave behind a film/tight feeling.
-A little goes a really long way because it foams.

Cons:
-Price.
-Doesn't "rebalance" anything.
-May be too drying for dry to normal skins.

Info:

Price: $20

Ingredients: Water (Aqua Purificata), Purified Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, Polygala Senega Root Extract, Nymphaea Alba Root Extract, Berberis Vulgaris Extract, Dipotassium Gylcyrrhizate, Caffeine, Sodium PCA, Sodium Myalluronate, Trehalose, Sucrose, Urea, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-3 Distearate, PolyQuaternium-51, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben (iln24031)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was given to me as a gift for the purpose of my personal use. if you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment