Friday, February 11, 2011

{Review} Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush (Love!!!)

I'm really really excited to bring you this review. It is on the Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer brush that came in last week!!! I've been on the hunt for a nice kabuki brush for a while but I've always hated how short the handles are on them. I much prefer a brush that has a longer handle. And not only is this a great brush but it's also Earth friendly!!!

The brush is MASSIVE!!! Jus the handle is more than an inch wide. It is round, and super full. The synthetic bristles are very soft and dense.

This is definitely the densest brush that I own. If you've ever felt any of The Body Shop brushes the feel of this one is similar. This brush is perfect for applying any powder to a large area. I've been using it for my bronzer and it diffuses the color perfectly, giving me a bit of all over color. It makes blending down the neck and chest really easy, much easier than it would be with a smaller brush. You don't have to use it for only bronzer. It works great as a powder brush as well! It blends the powder very well, giving a soft focus appearance.

L to R: Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush, Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush, Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush.

In terms of size, here is a comparison to my Sonia Kashuk brushes. You can see how much larger it is. The Sonia Kashuk brush looks like it's larger, but in terms of circumference and density, the Ecotools brush definitely wins out. The handle is also also a great deal thicker than a normal brush, but I actually like that. It takes some getting used to, but I like how hefty it feels.

The brush comes packaged in a plastic pouch, which I actually don't like. The bristles on the brush were a little flattened because of the way they were packaged and the plastic makes the brush smell a bit gross. I had to wash it a few times to really get the smell out.

I do like how Ecotools brushes are very Earth friendly. They are made from recycled and sustainable materials. Also, all of the hair is cruelty free!


The pouch also gives some application tips as well as a green lifestyle tip, which I think is neat!

For the price, this brush is very, very good! It feels like I paid a lot of money for it. The quality of this brush is unbeatable. Sephora brand has a brush almost identical to this one that costs a lot more at $35! Grab this one for a much cheaper alternative! Ecotools also donates 1% of profits, which makes this an all around great purchase!

Pros:
-Earth friendly.
-Very soft bristles.
-Very densely packed bristles.
-Doesn't shed.
-Feels expensive, luxurious.
-Blends very well!
-Inexpensive.

Cons:
-Large handle takes some getting used to.
-Initially smells very plasticy.
-My be a bit too big for people who prefer smaller more precise brushes.

Info:

Price: $9.99 (I got on sale for $7.99 when drugstore.com was having a sale!)

Disclosure: the product featured in this post was purchased by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any more questions about disclosure don't hesitate to ask in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment