Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{Review} CoverGirl Clean Oil Control Foundation

Ever since I finished my Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid foundation I've been on the hunt for something better. I really like that foundation but there were some problems with it. It didn't last very long, isn't really for oily skin, etc, so I would have to touch up a lot more. I've never been a huge fan of CoverGirl's skin products. I love their eyeshadows but I've always been a bit wary of their foundations since the ones I've tried have been a bit on the dry side and tend to look thick and heavy on my skin. I have to say that I don't have either of those problems with this foundation. I think if you have oily skin, you may really like this foundation!!!

The new formulas of this foundation come in three, one of them being for oily skin.

The shade I got was the lightest available, Ivory. It's definitely a better match than the last foundation I got (Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse). I got this online so I was a bit worried it might be a bit too light because CoverGirl does have a lot of super light shades, but it fit me fine!

What it claims:
It is important to note that THIS ISN'T A MATTIFYING FOUNDATION!!! It's just supposed to be better suited for skins that get more oily. It does have a more matte FINISH, but it will not stop you from getting oily throughout the day. The actual makeup just doesn't contribute to the oiliness.

The biggest complaint I have about this foundation is the dispenser. It's a hole. That's it. With other foundations it is annoying, but not really that bad. This foundation however is a bit thicker, more like a gel than a liquid, so if you just turn it upside down, nothing comes out. I've been using a little spatula from a used up moisturizer to scoop out a small amount each time I apply it. Or you can use a q-tip.

Overall, I do like this packaging better than the old packaging though. It looks more modern and sophisticated. It's got an expensive feel to it, which is always nice.

What it looks like:

Spread out:

Blended out:

As you can see, you can kinda see the makeup, but it doesn't look in the slightest bit cakey. It looks very natural. As far as being good for oily skin, this is a lighter foundation. It's light to medium coverage and isn't heavy, which is why it is especially comfortable on oily skins. Other foundations I've tried from Rimmel and Clinique, for example, tend to feel really heavy and thick on my skin, which I really don't like. When I put this foundation on it feels like theres nothing there. It sets quite well, even without powder. I still powder, but if you have combo skin you may be able to get away with out powdering.

I also love how it applies. It blends out very easily, almost like a tinted moisturizer with more coverage. I apply it with my fingers. I feel that it gives me more of a natural finish, where as with a brush you get a heavier application. It's pretty buildable, just pat on the spot instead of rubbing. It looks very fresh.

As far as oil control goes, my skin doesn't look the least bit shiny after application. I have pretty oily skin so I do have to set with powder and then touch up about 4 or 5 hours later, but certainly not as bad as when I used the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation or the Rimmel Stay Matte, or my least favorite: Clinique Even Better makeup. Even after powdering, my skin doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of foundation, which is what I go for with foundations. I really hate feeling like I'm wearing a mask on my face. Thankfully with this foundation that's not a problem. If you've got oily skin, I would try this foundation. It's worked better for my skin than other foundations, even higher end ones, have.

Pros:
-Not heavy, light formula.
-Oil free.
-Doesn't make me greasy.
-Doesn't make me break out.
-Looks fresh, light, natural.
-Packaging looks nice, more sophisticated.
-Good shade selection.
-Good price.

Cons:
-Hard to get the foundation out of the container.
-Only light to medium coverage.
-No sun protection.

Info:

Price: $6.99

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was purchased by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any more questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment