Thursday, April 29, 2010

Review: Lancome Le Rouge Absolue Lipstick in Chateau Peony


I know I promised no Lancome for a loooong time, but I still haven't gotten a new camera so I'm running low on pics. And this review is for my Le Rouge Absolue Lipstick in the shade Chateau Peony--I love the name of the shade!

The packaging is really pretty. The case the lipstick is actually held in is gold and the cover is a navy blue. I kinda wish it was black instead.

Here's some pics:





I've had mine for a while, so it's all beat up. The only complaint I have about the packaging is that it shows every single finger print and smudge, which gets annoying really fast.

Here's an example:

See what I mean?


The shade I have, Chateau Peony, is a muted pink with a bit of orange in it--just a tiny bit. It does have shimmer, but it's not really noticeable.

The lipstick itself:

I've used quite a bit of it.

Swatch on my hand:

On the left, a light application. On the right, a heavier one. Sometimes I just dab a bit of it on my lips to give me a pretty hint of color.

On my lips:

This is a heavier application. It is a bit brighter in person.

This is going to be a quick review. This lipstick, first off, is a bit of a bright pink. I know you can't tell from the pics (the lighting is horrible, I know) but it is more of a mid toned pink. As far as lipsticks go, this one is ok. I purchased it more for the shade than anything else. And compared to other Lancome lipsticks,I would say that the Le Rouge Absolue line isn't as moisturizing or creamy. The actual formula is thicker, so if you apply over dehydrated lips it will highlight every flake. It lasts about as well as your average lipstick. Since the formula is thicker, I feel that it sticks up to food/drinks a bit better than other Lancome lipsticks. What I also like about this lipstick is the pigmentation. It's very pigmented, so one swipe and I'm done. I think that Lancome has redone the fourmula of this lipstick. Chateau Peony, the lipstick I own, doesn't have SPF in it, and yet all the new ones do. Also, from what I've seen the new formula is creamier, more moisturizing as well, which is good if you're considering purchasing one. Overall, it's an ok lipstick for me. I feel as though you can get better quality for a much lesser price with, for example, a Maybelline or Revlon lipstick. As already stated, I purchased this one more for the shade than it's other qualities, and as far as that goes, I've been wearing it more than most of my other lipsticks. I'm actually about half way down the tube. It doesn't sound like much, but really, since I've got like thirty plus lipsticks, that really is something, haha!

Info:

Price: $26

Ingredients: Bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, polyisobutene, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, microcrystalline wax, isostearyl isostearate, triisostearin, polyethylen, PEG-45/dodecyl glycol copolymer, arachidyl propionate, disteardimonium hectorite, linalool, geraniol, silica, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, hydrogenated lecithin, hydroxycitronellal, citral, citronellol, benzyl alcohol, methyl 2-octynoate, hexyl cinnamal, BHT, fragrance. May Contain: Red 22 lake, red 28 lake, red 7, mica, titanium dioxide, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake, carmine, iron oxides.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment