Saturday, April 17, 2010

Review: Nars Lipgloss in Striptease


This is a review for Nar's Lipgloss in Striptease, a yellow-ish nude with orange shimmer.



The applicator is just your standard doe foot sponge:


Swatch on my hand:


Swatch on my lips, one coat:


Swatch on my lips, two coats:


I hate the smell and taste of Nar's lipglosses. They taste like chemicals and smell worse. However, my love for the brand as a whole and their shade selection helps me overcome this dislike. The shade is described on the Sephora website as a beige pearlized sheen, but I don't think it's an accurate description. It's more of a nude yellowish beige with some understated shimmer. I don't think it is a sheen at all. Now, what separates this gloss from other nudes is that it is a warm nude, but not an orange-y nude. Most of the nudes I've seen are either too cool and make me look dead or are too warm and make me look like a bimbo. This one, because of the yellow undertone and orange/golden shimmer in it looks a bit more believable.

The gloss itself, in terms of formula, is fairly thick. It's got more of a liquid lip color feel to it than a gloss. The shine isn't lacquer like-it's more understated which is good if you need to be work appropriate. I really hate the thickness of this gloss. The applicator pulls across my mouth when I apply it so I never wear it without balm underneath. It is also a very pigmented gloss, and this shade is no exception. It goes on fairly opaque with one coat. I think two is too many because then it tends to seep into lines and look gross...and make me look like the undead. But one coat hides my natural lip color. I would recommend this gloss. I know, this review doesn't sound great but you have to see the shade to understand why I like it so much. It's such a great nude, despite the formula and smell, that I have to give it a recommendation. If you're not looking for a nude, stay away cause you'll probably hate the formula.

Info:

Price: $24

Ingredients: Lanolin Oil, Polyisobutene, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Myristyl Lactate, Ozokerite, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 75470 (Carmine)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment