Sunday, April 18, 2010

Review: Boots No. 7 Lip Glace in Marshmallow


This is a review for Boots No. 7 Lip Glace in Marshmallow, a shimmery light pink. I found this at Target and I think that in the U.S. Target's just about the only place you can find this brand (except for online, of course). If I'm wrong, lemme know!



Here's the applicator:

The applicator is annoying. Although I like that it is plastic, I think it's too small. When I apply the gloss, most of the time I'm pushing the gloss around on my lips instead of evenly spreading it out. The result is an uneven application which feels gooey and a very dirty cap after you close the gloss cause the stuff is all over the applicator (on the sides). I do like the packaging as a whole. It kinda reminds me of the new Dior Kiss packaging, only rounder and larger.

Here's a swatch on my hand:

My camera and the lighting makes it look very warm, but the gloss has silver, not gold shimmer in it.

A swatch on my lips:

Again, it's a lot cooler in person. The gloss itself is very glossy. I read somewhere, and I'm not sure where, that Boots changed the formula of this gloss to make it less sticky, but I actually think that it's too thin now. I feel like it's going to slide of my lips in two minutes and the lasting power is only marginally better. It lasted about one and a half to two hours before I had to reapply. Usually, I can get three to four good hours out of a gloss, but not with this one. I do like the color and I really think that it will complement anyone who has a bit of a tan as it's an opalescent pink. There is a bit of a sweet smell to it, but nothing overpowering. I couldn't really discern much of a taste.

I have to say that overall, I probably would not repurchase this gloss. The lasting power and formula, coupled with the tiny, messy applicator are just too much to deal with for the price.

Info:

Price: $9.99 (Target)

Ingredients: Polybutene; Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax; Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Polyethylene Terephthalate; Acrylates Copolymer; Stearalkonium Hectorite; Ethyl Vanillin; Saccharin; Propylene Carbonate; BHT; (May Contain) Mica; CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide); CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake); CI 15850 (Red 6); CI 77491 (Iron Oxides); CI 75470 (Carmine)

Disclosure:The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment