Friday, April 23, 2010

Review: Estee Lauder Tender Lip Balm SPF 15


I've got two of these balms in the shades Tender Peach (left) and Tender Berry (right). I got these last year when Estee Lauder had a GWP event. I know that Estee Lauder has a bit of an old lady reputation, but honestly a lot of their products are ones that even younger women can use. Most of their products are very high quality and as far as high end products go, reasonably priced. These balms are no exception. I haven't seen them at the counter in a while but I'm sure you can find them online. I'm not entirely certain if they've been discontinued or not. If you know, feel free to leave a comment!

Oh, and sorry in advance for the crappy, blurry pics! Still haven't gotten a new camera :(

The applicator for Tender Peach:


The applicator for Tender Berry:

They have your standard squeeze out applicator, which I don't really mind. The gloss itself isn't very thick, so it's not like it's difficult to apply.

Really really heavy swatch on my hand:

Tender Peach (left) and Tender Berry (right)

Lighter swatch on my hand:

Tender Peach (left) and Tender Berry (right)

As you can see from the swatches above they're very very pigmented. The pigmentation in these glosses rivals those I've tried from MAC. You can apply them thick for a full color look or just a tiny bit for a bit of tint. They're perfect for those days you don't want to wear a lot of makeup cause they draw the eye to the lip. I also really like how they're matte. There are a lot of glosses out there with amazing pigmentation that are really glitzy. I don't really like having a lot of pigmentation with a lot of glitter--it seems a bit much, so when I find a really nicely pigmented gloss that's matte I snap it up!

The product itself is labeled a balm, but really they're more of a moisturizing lip gloss. I really like how they don't leave my lips peeling like other glosses do. Also, they've got SPF 15, which is perfect for spring and summer when we tend to spend more time out in the sun. Glosses contain oils which basically focus the suns rays to the lips, kind of like the effect of using baby oil while tanning. By doing so, you increase your chances of skin cancer or even just freckles. If you have a gloss that doesn't have SPF, just us a balm with one underneath.

The only negative I can come up with these glosses is the smell and taste. They have a very strong sunscreen smell and taste. I mean, I'm glad that they've got SPF but sometimes the scent and taste is just too cloying for me, especially if I've got a headache. Other than this, however, it's a great gloss, one I highly recommend for summer!

Info:

Price: Around $14-$15 (I don't remember exactly)

Ingredients: (to be posted)

Disclosure: The products featured in this post were bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment