Sunday, July 29, 2012

{Review} Korres Pomegranate Lip Butter



















Hey there! This is a review for another one of those products that I've had forever but never got around to reviewing. I know that the Korres Lip Butters are some of the most popular products from the brand and I purchased the Pomegranate one a while back. I used to never wear stuff on my lips (outside of clear balms) because to me it was just such a hassle to have to reapply so often. The past couple of years I've been experimenting with lip products because I wear contacts and it feels better to go easier on the eyes and heavier on the lips. These butters are a nice alternative to lipsticks because they give some color to the lips, but also look more natural and leave the lips feeling soft and moisturized.




















I got the shade Pomegranate. It looks like a nice midtoned pink in the jar, but it applies more like a sheer pinky red.



















As you can see in the swatch, the texture of these balms is very nice. It applies with a glossy finish, and the shade is sheer. Honestly, if I could go back in time I would have picked another shade. This one is so close to my natural lip color that it really doesn't look like I'm wearing much at all. I would have gone with a deeper shade or the baby pink one. For some reason Pomegranate looks odd on me.

The formula of this balm, however, is phenomenal. It's thinner than The Body Shops lip butters, which surprised me, but it's just as moisturizing. These feel very nice on the lips--never too heavy or greasy. The pigemntation is great too--not too much, but also not too sheer. Other tinted balms, like the Burt's Bees ones then to be so pigmented that they are more like lipsticks in my opinion. The Korres ones are perfectly in between. They don't wear too long, but they do leave some color on the lips after the balm has sunken in. Another thing I like is how they smell--kinda fruity. For the price you really can't go wrong with this balm. Give it a try the next time you're on the hunt for a new lip balm! And these are also a great choice if you are trying to go more natural!


Info:

Price: $12

Ingredients: Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Flavor (Aroma), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Punica Granatum Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7 Lake, Red 6, Iron Oxides.

No comments:

Post a Comment