Sunday, July 29, 2012

{Review} Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo (My Favorite Shampoo!)




















If you've been following my blog for a while now, you know I'm not that crazy about shampoo, especially high end shampoo. I don't mind spending money on conditioners, but as far as regular shampoos go, they're all the same to me. Outside of special treatment shampoos (purple toning shampoos, clarifying shampoos, etc) I don't really see much of a difference in my hair when I use a cheap shampoo or an expensive shampoo, and trust me, I've bought a lot of the expensive ones in the past to come to this conclusion.


One of the reasons I'm unwilling to spend a lot of money on shampoo is that a few years ago I made a discovery: Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo. I love it so much that I've repurchased the massive bulk size from Costco time and time again. It's fairly inexpensive, but leaves my hair feeling amazing. What more could I ask for???




































I know that Head & Shoulders is know for their anti-dandruff selection. I don't really have a dandruff problem, but I love this stuff all the same. The version I love is specifically their Classic Clean for normal hair.



















The actual product is a milky pale blue shade. It's an interesting texture--not really gel like most shampoos, but more like a thin cream. It lathers beautifully. I've been reading a lot about how sodium laureth sulfate damages hair, but honestly the thought of using a shampoo that doesn't foam is strange. I love how well this one lathers. You only need about half a tbsp to get your entire head (I've got med-long hair). It feels very luxurious and rinses out completely.What I absolutely love love love about this shampoo is that even though it isn't marketed as a two in one shampoo and conditioner, after I use this my hair feels like I've done both. Not heavy, not greasy, just nice and silky and healthy.

I've noticed a visible difference in my hair since I've been using this shampoo. It's more manageable, softer, and less frizzy. I never have any issues whatsoever with dandruff (though to be honest I never have). And my hair smells sooooooo good after I shower!!! The smell lingers--very fresh, suitable for both men and women, but not too strong/offensive.

I don't know how the people at Head & Shoulders came up with such a perfect formula, but I love them for it. This is my go to shampoo especially when I'm in a hurry. Usually, if I don't have enough time to thoroughly condition styling my hair is a nightmare. When I use this, it's like I shampood and deep conditioned--my hair feels that healthy. There is a Classic Clean 2 in 1 formula, but I tried it and I much prefer just the shampoo. I highly recommend this product to everyone out there. And if it doesn't do much for you--well it's inexpensive anyway.

Info:

Price: $5.99 (for 14.2 oz--I buy the jumbo 20 oz at Costco).

Ingredients: Active Ingredients-Pyrithione Zinc - 1 %Anti-Dandruff. Inactive Ingredients-
Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamide MEA , Zinc Carbonate , Glycol Distearate , Dimethicone , Fragrance , Cetyl Alcohol , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Magnesium Sulfate , Sodium Benzoate , Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide , Ammonium Laureth Sulfate , Benzyl Alcohol , Sodium Chloride , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Sodium Xylenesulfonate , Blue 1 , Red 4

No comments:

Post a Comment