Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{Review} Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner in One



















Hey there! This review is for a skin care product. I've really been into skin care lately because all the stress and lack of sleep from uni had my skin breaking out really bad. My focus has been on cleansing my skin very well every single day, and removing all makeup. And any product that makes my skin care routine easier and less time consuming is a good idea to me. That's why, when I spotted this cleanser at TJ Maxx several months back for only around five or six dollars, I didn't hesitate to try it.

Now,  I know Cosmedicine is a brand that isn't as widely used simply because it is a more expensive brand. That being said, I think they pulled out of Sephora and a lot of their products were available at Marshall's and TJ Maxx for a while. I think you could probably find some of their products on sale online. They make a lot of products I don't see from other brands, which is why I've been loving trying out some of their stuff at a discount.



















The product I'm reviewing today is their Foaming Cleanser & Toner in One. According to the container it "Cleanses away excess oil, dirt, and makeup, removes mascara, doesn't sting eyes." That's a tall order. I don't know if you can tell, but I've actually pretty much finished this product. There is the barest amount in there for me to pump out for this review, but then I'm tossing it.



















One thing I love about this product is the dispenser. It is a foam dispenser that is very sanitary and user friendly. I love how light foam cleansers feel on my skin. And if you wanted to, you could probably recycle this product and use it to store your own foaming cleanser. Simply put about an inch of regular liquid cleanser and fill the rest with water. Give it a shake and you're good to go. You can do this with any foaming container, and that's how I reuse my Bath & Body Works foaming soap containers. Not only is it more Earth friendly, but it's also much cheaper too!



















The actual foam is very light. Given the manufacturers claim that it will remove makeup, I was a bit unsure at first because it seems very light.

How well does it work? Well is certainly doesn't remove mascara, waterproof or not, that's for sure. That doesn't really bother me because I always, regardless of my cleanser, use my Almay Moisturizing Liquid Eye Makeup Remover. It's my favorite, I'm on my fourth or fifth bottle and I'm not looking for a replacement. As as far as face makeup is concerned, this will remove it all. When I used my regular toner after to see how much of the foundation, concealer, powder, and bronzer was removed, the cotton pad came away clean which is great. It also claims not to sting eyes, but even when I tried removing my mascara with it, I kept my eyes firmly shut. I am a contact wearer with sensitive eyes and I've already had one infection, I'm not looking for another, thank you very much.

As far as this product being a cleanser and a toner, I really can't say much about that claim. I don't regularly use a plain toner. If I do use a toner, I tend to go for more of the astringent ones. They are the only ones I feel really make a difference when I use them. Other toners, while they feel good, don't really do much for my skin. If I don't use them for a week, I really can't tell the difference. That being said, my skin did not feel tight at all after I used it, so perhaps it's just a little bit more moisturizing than the average foaming cleanser.

All in all, this is not a bad cleanser. It got my skin clean, but I can say that I probably wouldn't purchase it for full price. It felt really refreshing, removed my face makeup, didn't have any noxious odor, but that's it. I think I would have liked this product more if the manufacturer hadn't made all of those claims on the package. I review a product based on those claims, and because of that little blurb on the container I find this product lacking. Had it been marketed as a regular cleanser I think I would have reviewed it a bit more positively.

Info:

Price: $24.99 (full price for 4.2 fl oz)

Ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

No comments:

Post a Comment