Sunday, July 29, 2012

{Haul} My first Julep Maven Box!!!

Hey there! I've been hauling a lot of stuff lately and thought I'd share. Instead of doing a really really long collective haul that would take me forever to type up, I thought I'd share a few small hauls that don't take me as long to bang out lol.

Now, I've never been one for the monthly beauty subscription boxes, mainly because I don't think they are worth it to me. I'd rather save my money and splurge for a few high end items rather than get a lot of small samples. I'm very surprised when I hear other bloggers reviewing two, three, or even four boxes every month. That's a lot of money to be spending on these boxes every month and honestly, it's not how I see myself spending my money. That being said, when I saw an ad about getting the Julep Maven box for a penny (with free shipping too!), I couldn't resist. I don't have any Julep stuff, but I've heard their products are very good. I'm not sure if I'd ever dish out the $20 a month for this stuff, but for a penny this is a bargain!

**If you want to get your first maven box for a penny, just checkout with the code PENNY. I think this offer is ongoing because I heard about it last year and only just now figured I'd give it a try. And I think it only works for the first month, but Julep is very good with thheir subscription service. You can see what you're getting ahead of time, have your pick of several different boxes, skip any month you want, send it to someone else, etc. **





















L-->R: Julep The Best Pdi Creme Ever!, Nail Verenis in Courtney (the green), Hayden (the peach), and two freebie toe thingies.

Everything is full size. I got the box for a penny. The retail value of the box: $50. The hand cream is $22 (for 2 oz) and the polishes are $14 (for 0.27 oz).

Each month they offer a different beauty product. This month, instead of the hand cream you get a nail polish remover. There's also an option every month to get three polishes instead of two and a beauty product.



















I've very happy with the shades I got. I looked through all the boxes they had up for the month (and they post swatches on their blog--real swatches, not shitty Sephora like ones haha) and these were the shades that appealed most to me.



















Hayden is a pastel peach. It's described on the Julep site as a "neon peach cream" but just by looking at it in the tube, it doesn't really look neon to me. I love peach shades on my hands and feet tho in the summer. It just looks really clean and pretty, but not too over the top for work.

Courteney is a light green shade, described as a "key lime green" on the Julep site. That description is spot on. I don't have a lot of greens and they tend to be minty greens. This one is more warm toned and matte, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I know a lot of people are over the matte pastels after spring, but I think these will look pretty during the summer as well, especially Hayden. I'm really happy with my choices!




















The last item in the box is The Best Pedi Creme Ever!, a foot cream. I'm looking forward to trying this out on my feet, but I don't think I will purchase this one for full price because for a little less I can get some from The Body Shop that are absolutely phenomenal to use overnight. I will test this one out and fully review it though.

There you have it! My first Julep Maven box! Anyone else try this out? Are you happy with what you got? Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment