Sunday, June 24, 2012

{My Most Worn} Lip Glosses

Hey there everyone! I just thought I'd quickly share with you some of my most worn lip glosses. If these were eyeshadows you'd probably see pan on them right now. I don't wear gloss every day, so for me to use up so much of these glosses is pretty damn amazing in my opinion haha! They are all fairly wearable shades that I've been wearing a lot during the day or out at night. And I apologize for the quality of these pics. They were taken on my iPhone.



















L-->R: Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Kirk, Nars Lip Gloss in Chihuahua, Sally Hansen Liptonic Gem Gloss in Embellished, Lancome Juicy Tube in Guava Enchantment, Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lip Gloss SPF 8 in Mango Shine, and Estee Lauder Tender Lip Balm SPF 15 in Tender Peach.

If I've worn a gloss in the past 6 months, chances are it's one of these. Click on the links under each gloss to see what I've written about them in the past!

Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Kirk: Smells amazing!!! Like brown sugar, creme brulee, vanilla, etc just soooo sweet and warm and good! I'm not crazy about the other shades in the range, but this one is very nude on my lips, evens out my color, and gives great shine. It has a brush applicator instead of a doe foot, so application can be sometimes messy as the brush tends to deposit a little too much product, but given how good it smells, I can forgive the brush haha. I highly recommend this gloss to anyone who loves a good smelling gloss. It's delicious!
          More here and here!

Nars Lip Gloss in Chihuahua: Doesn't smell that good lol, definitely nothing like the Pocket Rocket, but it's bearable. You probably can't tell from the picture, but I'm about half way done with this gloss. It's a very nice warm matte pink (swatches at the end of the post). It's one of those my lips but better glosses. It's very shiny too. Just an all around nice gloss for every day. 
          More here!

Sally Hansen Liptonic Gem Gloss in Embellished: I've talked about this gloss sooooo much. I love it! It is just so pretty and purpley and shimmery haha! It also has a brush applicator, but this one, unlike the Pocket Rocket, gives just the right amount. I got this gloss for a buck at the Dollar Tree and wish I had a backup as they don't sell it there or anywhere else that I know of. 
          More here and here and here and here!


These next three glosses I've almost finished. 


L-->R: Lancome Juicy Tube in Guava Enchantment, Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lip Gloss SPF 8 in Mango Shine, and Estee Lauder Tender Lip Balm SPF 15 in Tender Peach. 

When I say I've almost used them up I mean they are really nearly gone. Maybe a couple months of wear between the three, but I'm hoping to finish them before the end of summer. Keep a look out for them in my empties posts coming up :)

Lancome Juicy Tube in Guava Enchantment: I got this gloss at TJMaxx or Marshalls for around five dollars a few years ago and it's one of those glosses that gives a little color to my lips but nothing too much. With this on my lips look mostly clear, but brighter and fresher. It's super glossy and has a good lasting time. And it smells fruity! I'm not going to repurchase any more of the Juicy Tubes because I've been using them for so long that honestly from experience, I think some of the drugstore glosses are just as good.

Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lip Gloss SPF 8 in Mango Shine: This is actually a fairly new gloss that I am shocked how much I've been using. I got it on clearance at Sephora for $5 and I love it! It smells a faintly fruity/citrus-y and is a sheer shimmery orange. This makes my eyes look so blue and just goes so well with my skin tone that no matter what eye makeup I'm wearing, this looks amazing on me. It's a thicker texture, almost like the Chanel Glossimers (gel/creme like) but is not sticky or tacky in any way. It never dries my lips out which is a plus!

Estee Lauder Tender Lip Balm SPF 15 in Tender Peach: I bought this gloss and a deeper/pinker shade called Tender Berry so long ago. It was one of the first items I bought at a store counter (as opposed to Sephora). I like it. It is very pigmented but can be sheered out, is moisturizing, and very glossy. It gives my lips a touch of color and makes them look very healthy. I think I would like these better if they didn't smell like SPF. It doesn't bother me too much, but combined with the not so nice taste, it can be a bit much if I've got a headache. Nevertheless, it's been one of my go to shades because I've been very determined to finish them haha
          More here and here!

And finally some swatches!


















L-->R: Nars Lipgloss in Chihuahua, Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Kirk, Sally Hansen Liptonic Gem Gloss in Embellished.




















L-->R: Lancome Juicy Tube in Guava Enchantment, Sephora Nectar Shine Hydrating Care Lip Gloss SPF 8 in Mango Shine, and Estee Lauder Tender Lip Balm SPF 15 in Tender Peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment