Wednesday, June 27, 2012

{Review} Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm in Funky Fuchsia

Hey there! Today's review, unfortunately, is for a discontinued product that I feel still deserves a review because I genuinely like it and to be honest, I didn't expect to. If you do want to pick up one of these balms I'm sure you can find it online somewhere or on clearance at Sephora because I only picked this one up a couple of weeks ago.

Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm in Funky Fuchsia



















This review is for the Sephora hot Hues Neon Lip Balm in the shade Funky Fuchsia. I've been on a neon kick lately, so anything bright and summery really sucks me in. I don't really have a lot of bright lip products in my collection because everything takes me so long to finish, especially lipsticks and lip glosses, that I tend to only purchase shades I know I will wear a lot.

What really made me want to try this was one, the price. I got it for five bucks on clearance, which I was really happy about. Two, the packaging looks pretty cute with the little red cap. Three, who doesn't need some lip balm? I know my lips are always begging for some moisture in the summer.

Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm in Funky Fuchsia


















Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm in Funky Fuchsia



















The cool thing about the balm is that it looks almost jelly-ish. The lipstick bullet is transparent, but surprisingly delivers a good amount of pigmentation. Isn't it pretty??


Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm in Funky Fuchsia (Swatch)



















The shade Funky Fuchsia is a cool toned pink with a bit of a purple tone to it. You can definitely see the purple on the lips. I really like this shade. It makes my skin look more tanned and my eyes more blue!

It goes on A LOT brighter than it looks in the tube!



















 When I wiped it off my lips for the first time I was very surprised by how bright it was on the napkin. It looks even brighter in real life.

It stained my skin!!!



















In addition, it acts a little like a stain! When I take it off my lips (or tried to wipe the swatch off my wrist) the balm came off but left a lot of color behind, leaving my lips looking matte and flushed. So pretty and easy!

Although I loved the pigmentation and the cool jelly look of the lipstick itself, I wouldn't really call this a balm. It does initially feel like a very waxy lip balm. It reminds me a lot of the Burt's Bees lip balm textures--waxy and not very shiny, not much slip to them either. That's good in that it'll take longer to go through the tube because the balm will last longer on the lips, but not so good because I didn't find this balm to be anywhere near as moisturizing as the Burt's Bees. I personally favor more slippery, thin, shiny balms, so I don't really like the texture of this product. That being said, the texture doesn't bother me enough to not use this product. I just wouldn't use this for a lip balm. When it comes to smell and taste, it has a very very faint smell, nothing cloying at all, and it doesn't really taste like anything. I think for the price I got it, $5, I don't mind the pretty and colorful addition to my collection, especially in time for summer!

Tried it? Loved it? Hated it? Let me know in comments!

Info:

Price: $10

Ingredients: Not listed on the product, couldn't find them online. Sorry guys :(






2 comments:

  1. I am SO bummed this is discontinued! I can only find hot pink online, have you seen it and is it similar? Might order it for $10 on amazon. This looks so perfect for summer!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry :( If you can't find it, I'm sure someone will do these again soon. They keep popping back up.

      Delete