Sunday, May 9, 2010

Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipgloss in Touch of Toffee


Maybelline dabued these color sensational lip glosses last year, I believe, and I have to say, they are pretty great! I have two of them, the one in this review is Touch of Toffee and I also recently picked up Born With It. Both are, at $6.49 (even without any sales), great values!

Here's the applicator:

The applicator is a standard doe foot, but it is slightly smaller I think than the regular ones with is great for added precision.

Some swatches:

Left is slightly lighter application, Right is a bit darker in different light to show shine. As you can see, you can layer these on. They are very pigmented glosses. If you are looking for a super pigmented red, this would be the line to check out.

And on my lips:

This gloss does something magical to my lips. It makes them look fuller and plumper. I swear this is a lip plumper. I'm not even kidding. It smells just like them, it makes my lips look fuller--can you see how there are barely any of the natural lip lines you have from pursing your lips? I don't know if anyone else experienced what I did, but I love this gloss!!! In addition to making my lips look fuller and super duper shiny, it is also very pigmented. Above you can't really tell because I went with a lighter application for a neutral look that wasn't too brown. If I did a full application it would look like I was brown lipstick, no joke. I really wasn't expecting it to be this pigmented. Also, it lasts fairly well. I wore it for 4 1/2 to 5 hrs. before dinner and it was still on my lips. It did wear off a bit, but not like other glosses. And it didn't smear either, which is good. After wearing it my lips felt really soft and moisturized, not flaky or dry. The only negative I can come up with if I really had to is the taste and smell. It's not really that bad, but it smells and tastes like a lip plumper. I don't know if this is just mine because I heard that the others are supposed to smell like the name of the gloss, but mine really didn't. The smell fades after about half an hour so it isn't really that bad unless you are sensitive to scents. Finally, I have to say that I love the packagng. The gloss comes in a clear, slim tube with no writing what so ever on the actual tube, which I like. Too often cosmetic companies plaster their products with odd fonts and pictures. This gloss is sophisticated and chic-- I definitely would not be embarrassed to pull this out of my purse to reapply. I highly highly recommend this gloss! Really, you gotta try it!

Info:

Price: $6.49

Ingredients: Not listed on the product or Maybelline's website. If I find them, I'll post.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment