Sunday, May 9, 2010

Review: Clinique Gloss Wear For Lips Lip Gloss in Whisper


I actually got this gloss as part of a set from Clinique. It was a set of five mini lip glosses. Of the shades available now, Whisper, Sunset (warm gold brown), and Mystic (a sheer purple) are the only one's from the set that, to my knowledge, are still sold although they are now formulated for the Long Last Glosswear line, which is a lot stickier in my opinion.


The shade is Whisper, a clear gloss with some very pretty silver shimmer in it.

The applicator:

Just your standard doe foot. I have to say that I much prefer these types of applicators than the brush ones. I find that with brush applicators I tend to apply too much gloss and am left with goop on my lips. Plus, with a doe foot the application is much more even in my opinion.

A swatch:

So yeah, as stated above, just a clear gloss with some silver shimmer in it. I really like the formula of this gloss. It's not thin, but it's not too thick either, it almost has a gelly feel to it. I don't usually wear clear glosses alone, so I've been layering it over matte lipsticks. It is very very glossy, and wears comfortably, not drying at all. Not too much to say about this gloss. Solid choice, but again, I'm not a big fan of shimmery clear glosses.

Info:

Price: $14 (for the fullsize)

Ingredients: Lanolin Oil, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Polybutene, Microcrylstalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ceresin, Isopyropyl Lanolate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocophyeryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Arachidyl Propionate, Propylene Carbonate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Propylparaben.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment