Saturday, May 15, 2010

Review: Dior Eyeshadow Palette in Stylish Move


So a while ago I posted these same pictures, but I didn't actually review the palette. Well, here's that review!!! And first off, I have to say that the packaging of all Dior products is absolutely stunning. It just has this sophisticated, expensive feel to it that makes one feel so luxurious using it, haha! And it comes with a little velvet case which is nice, because your palette won't get all scratched up. I've had this one for about a year now and it still has only a couple of scratches. I've had some of my Lancome quads for much less than that and they are all banged up.


I own a few of these palettes, but the one I'm reviewing today is #970, Stylish Move. It's a purple palette.

Here's what the shadows look like:


And closer yet:

I've used these quite a bit, as you can tell.

And finally, swatches on my hand:

Order of swatches: Bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right, and center (sorry they weren't clockwise or something..,didn't think of it at the time).

Let me tell you that these swatches don't do the palette justice. They were applied dry without any base, but I will usually apply them with UDPP or wet for a more dramatic look. Actually, I've been using the darkest purple as a liner a lot, and it goes on really intensely.

As far as palettes go, I think that this one gives you a nice range of colors. You've got a dark, two sorta midtones, and two lights (one shimmery, and one not so shimmery). Overall, I am able to create a variety of looks using this palette, anything from a dramatic smoky all the way to a light barely there natural look. This palette is very versatile, which I like.

As for formula, overall, the shadows are very smooth and soft, easy to work with. The only color I've had problems with is the bottom right, the lighter purple. For some reason this shade is harder than the others. I almost have to dig to get the powder on my brush. I don't know if I just got a bad one, but this shade was very difficult to work with. You can even kinda see it in the close up of the shadows. The bottom right looks chunkier, harder. But overall, the shadow's are super velvety soft. Other than this one shade I've never had any problems with Dior eyeshadows. However, because they are so smooth and soft, I would definitely recommend that you wear a base otherwise they will crease.

Do you need this palette: no. But, if you like the feel of luxury, like pretty looking packaging, and amazing shades (especially for spring), then yes, you definitely want this palette!

Info:

Price: $58 (Eek!!! Wow, price has gone up since I bought this. It was $54 then.)

Ingredients: Talc, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, nylon-12, silica, magnesium stearate, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, calcium sodium borosilicate, bis-behenyl/isostearyl dimmer dilnoleyl dimmer dilinoleate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopherol. May contain: mica, CI77891 (titanium dioxide), CI77491-CI77499-CI77492 (iron oxides), CI77007 (ultramarines), CI19140 (yellow 5), CI77742 (manganese violet), CI77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens).

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment