Friday, May 21, 2010

Review: Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Matte Moisture Lotion


Before I begin the review, I want to say thank you to all of my readers! I know lately there haven't been that many posts and god, I feel like I haven't done a review in forever, but I thank you all for sticking around. And I thought I would do a review on a skincare products as I've made a few changes in my skincare routine. Fyi, I have fairly oily skin that tends to get blackheads very easily. I don't really breakout that often but I do get an occasional pimple during my cycle. My biggest problem is the oily look that accompanies oily (or combo) skin. Honestly, I spend so much time with primers, blotting powders/papers, etc. It's just such a pain so I've been looking for products to decrease the oiliness of my skin so that I won't need to wear as many products to keep my skin looking matte as they do take a toll on my skin. And I was in Marshalls a while ago and came across Elizabeth Arden's Matte Moisture Lotion clearanced for $5!!! I've had my eye on this one for a while but at full price it is $34 for 1.7 oz, which is a ridiculously small amount. Honestly though, I would pay that much for this stuff cause it is GOLD!!!

I have to say that 1.7 oz of product is absolutely ridiculous. I just finished my Clinique DD lotion and it's 4.2 oz for $24, so a much better value.


The package promises to normalize skin within a week, but let's face, if you have oily skin it's not really going anywhere. It does however get rid of some of the oiliness and my complexion is definitely better.

Here's what the actual bottle looks like:

Yeah, so not nearly as bit as it looks like, only 1.7 oz.

And the dispenser:

I like the dispenser. It's a small pump that is relatively easy to control.

One pump:

The texture is very thin, almost like a serum, but white. It goes on very very light and doesn't feel at all heavy.

Rubbed in:

It leaves my skin feeling very moisturized, but not oily. Within a couple of minutes the lotion absorbed and my skin was left looking nice and flat. It didn't make my skin look completely matte like a mattifying gel might, but my skin did not look in the slightest bit oily. My skin actually looked like normal skin and I was shocked when I didn't have to use my powder as often. Usually, if I apply my makeup in the morning around 7, I'll be oily at around 11-12. Wearing this moisturizer, I didn't really notice my face becoming oily until around 2, almost 3 o'clock, which is awesome!!! Also, when my face does get oily it's not that super greasy/sweating look. Rather, my face looks a bit dewy. I definitely don't get as oily. I have to say that this lotion completely shocked me as I've tried probably 3 or 4 of these types of lotions and I honestly wasn't expecting much. I checked some reviews online and from what I can see people don't think that it is moisturizing enough. If you have normal or dry skin then yes, this lotion will not be moisturizing enough. It's the same complaints I always hear about Clinique's DD Gel. However, both are great for oilier skin types as they give just enough moisture. And if you're the type that gets those pesky dry patches, do what I do and use a heavier moisturizer at night and a lighter gel/lotion in the morning. And getting back to this lotion, it does have a bit of a smell that I don't really like but it's not bad and dissipates pretty quickly. Other than the price, the only other negative I have with this lotion is the same one I have with Clinique's DD Gel--no SPF. Overall though, I had a really good experience with this lotion. Of course, as everyone's skin is different what works for me may not work for you. If you can though, give it a try. Just check out a Marshall's or TJMaxx first. $34 for 1.7 oz...that's just crazy :(

Info:

Price: $34 (for 1.7 oz...yikes!)

Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat., Talc, Tridecyl Salicylate, Urea, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Oleate, Dimethicone, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Carrot Extract, Commiphora Wightii Extract, Cucumber Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Lemon Extract, Rosemary Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Retinyl Linoleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Panthenol, Phospholipids, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Polysorbate-60, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sorbitan Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Polyacrylamide, Phenyl Trimethicone, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol

Disclosure:The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment