Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Review: Clean & Clear Warming Daily Pore Scrub


I know I've been doing a lot of skincare reviews lately, but that's only because I don't have any other pics taken/edited. Bear with me and I'll get some makeup soon, haha! Today's review is for a warming scrub. I've been curious about these types of products for a while, about how they work and if they are really more effective than normal cleansers/scrubs. I couldn't find anything about how they work but I am assuming it has to do with a reaction to air/water because they are sold in vacuum containers (no air inside). I know the pic above makes it seem as though I've been using this scrub for months, but really its only been a couple of weeks. You'll notice the same with Olay's warming scrub. I have to say that while I am a fan of warming scrubs in general, this one fell short.


First off, it is impossible to get it out of the tube! This is true for most of the warming scrubs I've tried including the ones from Olay and St. Ives. I don't know why the product has to be so thick, but it makes it very difficult to use.


Immediately after you squeeze it out it looks like the pic above.

Spread out:


Add water:


And more water:

I don't know how well you can see, but the crystals are very small and square, almost like sugar. When I first got the product dry on my hand I thought that it'd be very scrubby, but really when you dilute it it ends up much gentler. The heat really does help it clean better. I was skeptical at first because come on, just how hot could it get? Apparently, very hot. You can feel it getting hot in you hands. Thea heat does leave fairly quickly, though, so I think using a regular scrub after steaming your face would be more effective. I did notice that my skin was smoother and my pores were cleaner, but I still wouldn't recommend this product. Why, you may ask? Well, it leaves my face with a sticky/greasy film that is almost impossible to wash off. I swear, my face feels like I spread glue around on it after I use this product, no joke! My face felt sticky, like really sticky. And it too me about 3 washes with a scrubby brush (a facial one) to get rid of the stuff. As well as it works, I cannot recommend it to anyone as it's a pain to use. If you don't mind having to clean the residue off your face, then by all means try this. Otherwise, stay away.

Info:

Price: $5.99

Ingredients: Zeolite, Sucrose, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, PEG-8, Ethylene Propylene Styrene Copolymer, Steareth 2, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Polysorbate-20, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Butylene Ethylene Styrene Copolymer, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Titanium Dioxide.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment