Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Review: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Petticoat


I picked this up a couple of weeks ago at the MAC counter at Macy's and I've been wearing it just about every day since. It's such a gorgeous powder and using it everyday is easy as it's so multi-purpose. I use it as an eyeshadow, highlighter, bronzer, and blush, so the possibilities are endless. This is just a review, but I'll post a some looks when I get the chance.



A couple of swatches:



L to R: Lightest area, darkest veining, a mix of the two.

As you can see, it looks different depending on how to pick up the product and the lighting, which I think is great. It's a very versatile product. I have a bit of trouble finishing blushes, highlighters, and bronzers, so anything that I can see myself using till the end is good. A lot of the other MSF's don't have nearly as much color variation so they aren't as versatile. Of course, this does depend on your skin tone. I am very pale so all of these colors show up great on me. If you have more tanned skin then this may be more of a highlighter and blush for you and may not be dark enough to be a bronzer or even a blush if you have a very deep skin tone. I was pleasantly surprised by how warm this MSF is. The pink in it had me picturing it a lot cooler, but it is very warm and works well for summer.

As far as the actual powder is concerned, the texture varies. The lightest part is a very fine powder, but the darker veining, particularly the gold, can be a bit gritty. If you tap the brush before you apply however, you shouldn't have any problems with that grittyness translating onto your face when you apply it. And while it is a bit gritty, I wouldn't say that it is glittery. I didn't see any glitter particles, but rather a fine shimmer. I was also pleased with how well this lasted on my oily skin. Most highlighters or blushes/bronzers with shimmer tend to just make me look oily and then slide off. This lasted on my face and eye lids throughout the day.

I highly recommend this to anyone with very pale skin because not only is it gorgeous, but it also saves me a ton of time in the morning. All I need when I'm in a hurry is this MSF, tinted moisturizer, powder, mascara, and two brushes (eye and face). In under five mins I look gorgeous. And it looks like I've got something different on every part of my face as opposed to the same color everywhere, which I absolutely love! The only warning I give is that it is a very high shimmer, almost metallic finish, so if you dislike that, don't purchase it. When applying, use a light hand so that you don't look like a disco ball. While it is a bit pricey it is well worth the money, especially with how much product you get.

Info:

Price: $28 (for 10g/.35 oz)

Ingredients: Talc, nylon-12, dimethicone, polysorbate 20,m isopropyl palmitate, simmondsia, chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, yeast extract,tocopherol acetate,retinyl palmatate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate magnesium aluminum silicate, bht, dosium dehydroacetate, phenocyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben and other ingredients vary per color.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment