Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Review: Sonia Kashuk Eye Marker


Sorry for the blurry image! It kept rolling :(


Why is it that products made in other countries seem so much better?


The applicator, as you can see, is slightly different from the traditional liquid eyeliner brush or felt tip. It is a felt tip, but what makes it better is that the liquid goes through it, and doesn't goop, so you get less mistakes.


Here's a swatch:

As you can see, you can go really thick or much thinner. The liner itself isn't as opaque as others with a brush or felt tip, but that is only because the applicator is a bit harder.

Here it is on my eye (what the heck is up with those lashes!?):



As you can see from the photo's above, it applies very well. I think that it is easier to use than liners with brush applicators because you don't even have to drag it across the lid if you don't want to. You can actually just press the side of the applicator to the lid. Do this all across and you get a nice and even line as the applicator is very firm. It also wears very well. It did smudge slightly in the inner corner, but I've gotten that with just about every liner that I've tried, high and low end (just check out my review of Smashbox's Jet Set liner here). Overall, the formula did wear well.

This product isn't perfect, however. One gripe I have is with the packaging. The cap can be difficult to remove as it doesn't have any texture on the outside so it can be hard to grip. Sometimes I tug and I tug and all of a sudden it gives and I end up with liner on my hand. However, feel good knowing that there is no way that this baby is coming open in you bag :D Another thing that my bother some people is the finish. It dries slightly glossy, but not really enough to bother me. If you are a die hard matte person, this might irritate you. I think that for the price, however, this liner is a gem!

Info:

Price: $5.99 (exclusively at Target)

Ingredients: Not listed on the product and I could not find them online.

Disclosure:The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment