Friday, December 25, 2009

Review: Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief


Clinique Moisture Surge gel is an intensive moisturizer meant for skin that is really in need of moisture, and let me tell you, it does the job! First off, it is a gel, which I really like as I have fairly oily skin and creams make me feel greasy. The texture of this is perfect-it's liquid-y, but not thin. When you put it on, it feels heavenly, very light weight.

I don't know how well you can see the texture in the above image, but it is very nice. I highly recommend this to someone who doesn't like greasy creams. I bought this because last week I completely stripped my skin. I had run out of my Bliss Foaming Face wash and borrowed a bit of a friends Clearasil gel cleanser. It left my skin with peeling dry patches everywhere-my cheeks, right under my brows, around my chin, sides of my nose, even my forehead!!! My skin was red, like I had windburn and PEELING!!! I was wholly unprepared for this as my skin is oily so I don't usually deal with dryness. But after three nights of Clinique Moisture Surge, my skin was back to normal.

Here it is right after I applied it:


Here it is after it's absorbed:

I don't know if you can tell, but it leaves my skin with a sheen. My skin immediately felt silky and smooth, and the gel absorbed within a couple of minutes, so no grease face, haha! I've really been liking Clinique's gels. I've never come across such great moisturizers for oily skin. Other brands advertise for oily complexions, but nothing I've tried has beaten Clinique's light weight, non greasy formula. Now if they could just add some SPF... And interestingly enough, I've been able to apply this over my foundation during the day if I notice a dry patch without displacing my makeup! And I've heard of people using this as a mask (applying it to damp skin for five minutes and then wiping off) but I fail to see how this can be more beneficial than actually letting the gel absorb. Anyway, I've had a really good experience with this moisturizer and highly recommend it to anyone with oily skin!

Has anyone else tried this moisturizer? Feel free to let me know what you think in comments!

Info:

Price: $34-$46.50 (depending on size)

Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment