Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Review: Boots Anti-Blemish and Concealer Duo



The applicator for the blemish treatment is a roller ball. Not liking that too much.


The applicator for the concealer is just a doe-foot spongy one.


Here's a swatch of both:

The red circle is where the blemish treatment is.

First off, the I have a gripe with the packaging, specifically that of the blemish treatment. The roller ball sucks! It takes forever to dispense the product-I could barely get any out to even show you the texture. I think it would be better as a gel, like most blemish treatments, and in a squeezable tube. As for effectiveness, I don't think that this one quite comes up to par with my other anti-zit gels. I've been using a Clearasil one that works a lot better. Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference in the size of my blemish, only a decrease in redness and even that was after three days of use, so it is not very effective.

The concealer on the other hand, is also problematic. The color selection is horrible as there is only one shade!!! What's up with that!? It matched me, but I've very fair, so it's not going to work well for someone even just a bit tanner than me. The formula is very creamy and applies well, but doesn't have much lasting power, even with a primer and a dusting of powder. The texture is very nice, however. It's very creamy. I wish my foundation was this creamy. But on pimples, it fails.

I usually like Boot's products, but this one is a skipper, I'd say.

Info:

Price:

Ingredients:

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment