Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Review: CoverGirl TruBlend Whipped Foundation


This is a review for CoverGirls TRUblend Whipped Foundation, which I have in shade 405, ivory.




I don't know how well you can see the texture, but it is very smooth. Also, I've heard people compare this to Maybelline's Dream Mousse foundation, but let me tell you, they are two completely different products. This foundation is definitely more liquid-y. Also, I really like how it came in a small, compact glass jar. However, the container get's dirty really really quickly. There is no excuse for it to look like this only a week after I opened it!

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:


Here's a show of texture:

It's very very smooth.


I have to say, I was shocked by how well this foundation performed. Unlike other mousse/whipped formulas, it is very heavily pigmented. I would say that this is a mid to heavy coverage foundation, depending on how you apply it. Often times, I would forgo concealer to get rid of redness/discoloration because this foundation took care of it. And unlike other heavy-cover foundations, this one feels sooooo light on your skin! I can't even begin to describe just how light weight this foundation is. I could barely feel it on and it looks very natural, not cakey at all! Usually, foundations with heavier coverage will be heavy liquids that look thick and mask-like, but no such problems with this one!!!

Also, the finish is very matte, something that I absolutely love as I struggle with oily skin. However, even though it doesn't look like it needs a dusting of powder, I would still recommend that you use powder as alone, this foundation doesn't have great lasting power. With powder, it held up well, but it did wear off in a couple of areas, so definitely powder.

Other than lasting power, I would say your only concern may be to find a suitable shade match. I think anyone in the midtones should have no problems, but if you are really light or dark, you may have trouble finding a shade match. Also, if you are pale and yellow toned, the shades will probably be off as the lighter shades are all pretty cool toned. Overall, I recommend this foundation if you're looking for a quick time saver in the morning-it applies quickly, with great coverage, so you may have time to skip the concealer and powder.

Info:

Price: $9.24 (0.94 oz)

Ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Methicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment