Sunday, December 27, 2009

Review: Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner





























As you can see from the beat up picture, I've had this eyeliner for a while. I went through a cat-eye phase a few months ago when I went out and bought a bunch of liners, and this one was the first. It is a waterproof gel eyeliner that is similar to Mac's Fluidline. The shade I own is Midnight Black.

Here's a swatch:














I used a small rounded eyeshadow brush from Sonia Kashuk to apply this, and as you can see, you can go really thin or really think. I've also heard that it can be used as an eyeshadow base, but I think that it's a bit too drying for that. In fact, that's the only problem with this eyeliner-the formula is a bit too dry. If you've used the Fluidline from Mac, you will really notice a difference in texture.

Here's an application:




























It does stay on well, however, with only a bit of minor smudging around the tear duct. Overall, the liner held up well, especially since I have pretty oily eyelids. The application was very smooth, no tugging as promised, and no skipping either. I think it would have been easier if I had applied it with an angled eye liner brush, but I've yet to get one.

As far as value is concerned, I'm not entirely sure that this liner is worth it, especially since for seven dollars less, you can get a Mac Fluidline that is the same exact size (they are the same size -.1g-the Smashbox packaging is more compact) and is a lot creamier. It's a good liner, I just don't think that the price is worth it.

Info:

Price: $22

Ingredients: Isododecane, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lecithin, Barium Sulfate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment