Monday, June 21, 2010

Review: Philosophy Kiss Me Lip Balm


Hello! SO today's review is a lip balm/gloss from Philosophy. Prior to this year I hadn't used anything from the brand, partly because of the price but also because the only makeup they used to have was glosses and I wasn't keen on glosses for the longest time. I would hate the way my hair would stick to it, my lips would feel goopy, or my cups would always look gross. Not to mention they would dry my lips out like crazy. Well, not anymore! I have to say that Philosophy has some of the greatest glosses around. They are soooo moisturizing, but light at the same time. The one I have is called Kiss Me, a very emollient lip balm. Even though it's called a balm I'd say it still counts as a gloss as it does give shine. I checked on Sephora.com and the only shade they had this type of gloss/balm in was a deeper red, but I'm sure that you can find it online. If not, check out Marshall's. That's where I got it for $3.

Here's the applicator:

It's packaged in a standard squeeze tube. One thing I don't like is sometimes, if it's cool, the balm tends to be thicker and is harder to squeeze out. If you keep in in your pocket though you shouldn't have a problem. Body heat and all, haha!

A swatch:

Sorry, no lip swatch today :( Kiss Me is just a very sheer pink with some very fine, barely noticeable shimmer in it. It really does look mostly clear on the lips. It feels sooooo good! It smells minty and has a bit of a cooling sensation when you first put it on. It's sooooo refreshing! Also, it's very moisturizing as well. After I wear this I feel like I've exfoliated and moisturized my lips with a heavy duty balm, no joke. Other glosses have always left my lips peeling and gross, but this one leaves them nice and clean and smooth. And although it's a balm it does give a bit of a shine to the lips--very understated and natural. I'm definitely going to get more Philosophy glosses. This one is, without a doubt, one of the best balms/glosses I've tried.

Info:

Price: $12 (retail--isn't this a good price for a high end gloss!? I got mine at Marshall's for $3. Even better!)

Ingredients: Oxybenzone (2.0%),Octinoxate (7.5%), Hydroxylated Lanolin, Petrolatum, Steareth-2, Mineral Oil, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladiapate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Beeswax, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Squalane, Paraffin, Alcloxa, Tocopheryl Acetate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Seed Oil, Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sodium Saccharin, Phenoxyethanol.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment