Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Review: C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve (HIT PAN!!!)


Ok, I have to say that I thought this day would never come. I've been using this very same balm for the past, oh I would say almost year and a half and still, and I never thought I'd actually hit pan!!! Well it's not really a pan, but whatever... I'm sooooo happy! There's something so justifying about getting close to finishing a product. I feel like if I actually come close, then I am somewhat reasonable in the amount of makeup (or beauty products) that I buy. Delusions, I know, but it feels good all the same. Ok, onto the review.


Mine's really beat up cause I've had it for the longest time.


See how beat up it is? I even think I stepped on it once :/ Oopsie!

The actual balm:

Isn't that beautiful!? I'm almost done!!! The balm is just a slightly rose tinted jelly. It's got a very smooth consistency. You do have to be careful how you store it, however, especially if you like to toss it in your purse. Don't leave it anywhere warm because the balm will become soft and/or melt. I've never had it leak out of the container, but I have had it set in weird ways. One time I left it standing up vertically in the cup holder in my car and I came back the next morning and half of it was set to the lid. I don't have to say it was a pain to use. Now I just leave it by the bed to use at night. It's not very convenient to use during the day as you need to stick your finger in it.

A swatch:

So yeah, pretty much clear.
Another swatch:

As you can see, it does give a bit of shine. And it is very moisturizing. I have to say though, I does sit on the lips for a long time. But if you don't mind that, you'll like this balm. Another thing I like about it is how multipurpose it is. You can use it on dry patches, cuticles, etc, not just your lips. Personally, I don't as I find it kinda gross to use it on my body when I put it on my lips as well, but if you get a separate one to use elsewhere, I don't see any problems with it. I did use it once on my dry, red, and cracking nuckles in the winter and I have to say that it does work.

I've also been using this to refill lip palettes. I don't use it on its own as it would probably make a huge mess if it melted anywhere. I melt down a half-half base of this and a more solid lipbalm, like my Yes To Carrots, C-Me-Smile lip butter. It works as well as Vaseline without that nasty smell. Well anyway, I really like this product. Can't wait to be done with it, but still really like, haha! I kinda wanna try out the strawberry version from Smiths. Let me know in comments if you like it too!

Info:

Price: $5.50

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Squalane, Flavor (Aroma), Octyldodecanol, Gossypium Herbaceum (cotton), Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Bisabolol, Jojoba Esters, Red 30-lake (CI 73360)

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment