Monday, May 30, 2011

{Empties} Collective!!!


1. NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder-I was very surprised how fast I went through this powder. I used it just about every morning for less than 6 months, but I've had loose powders last me for eons and eons because I didn't use them very often. I love this powder. It is a good cheap, no-frills, just-does-the-job powder.

2. Shiseido White Serum-This I actually got as a gift from a friend. I don't think I saw much lightening or evening, but it felt really moisturizing. I used it underneath my night moisturizer. I do have to say that at a pump a night I went through it in less than a month and a half. Given by how much this serum must have cost, that's a bit unacceptable to me.

3. Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover-This makeup remover did the job. It removed the eye makeup, but honestly I can't say I will repurchase any time soon. Or ever. Because of the method of dispensing I wasted a lot of product. It lasted me less than two full months while the Almay one I usually use lasts me almost a full year and costs less than half. And I hated having to rub a lot when removing my eye makeup. If you are still interested click here for the full review!

4. Stila Pressed Powder-Although it is expensive, this is probably my favorite pressed powder ever. It is soooo soft and gives my skin a very air brushed look. I really like how you can just repurchase the pan of powder and not the full case. I probably will repurchase later, but only when I finish the powders I've got now.

5. Caswell-Massey Revitalizing Cool Cucumber Eye Pads-These I'm a bit mixed on. I liked putting them on my eye and relaxing at the end of a long day, but to be honest I didn't see any effect. They felt nice and moisturizing, but nothing that my regular eye cream wouldn't have done. For less than a dollar though, I'm ok with the disappointment.

6. Stella McCartney 5 benefits Moisturizing Cream (sample)-This was a sample I got at Marshall's for a couple of dollars in a set. I actually really liked it. It is a day cream (I think), but I used it at night because even in the winter it was a bit too rich for my very oily skin. It is wonderful on any dry patches though. My only complaint (well other than the price of the full size bottle) is the smell. I don't mind an herbal scent, but the smell of this stuff is overwhelming.



7. Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow Concealer-While this isn't an exact dupe of the YSL Touch Eclat, for $12.99 it is a very good illuminating concealer. It really isn't a high lighter like the YLS version, but more of a true concealer. My only complaint about this item is the lack of shades. It comes in two very similar very light shades. If you are deeper than say NW 25 or 30, then this product will not work for you. And it is very warm undertone. If you have a cooler, bluer undertone this will look too yellow on you.

8. Pixi Lash Boosting Mascara-I love this mascara for thickening. I was a bit hesitant about spending so much on a mascara at Target, but this mascara is really good for everyday volume. It is very very black too. My only complaint with this product is that although it isn't marketed as a waterproof mascara but is an absolute pain to get off. I mean, it is impossible to remove. On the one thing it's good because it doesn't budge during the day, but my eyes feel raw sometimes after I remove it.

9. Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara-I really like this mascara. It makes my eyelashes look longer and thicker. I didn't really see any drastic improvement in my lashes without this mascara, but it's still a good day mascara. The wand, I think however, is a bit unnecessarily large and the formula just a little too dry, but other than that it is a really solid mascara. If you're interested click here for the full review!

10. Lancome Waterproof Eyeliner-I am on the fence with this liner. On the one hand, it does a good job of subtly defining lashes, but on the other hand I could just as easily get the same effect with a drugstore liner. I know that Boots No 7 has liners that look almost exactly the same, from the colors to the design of the pencil, complete with a smudger. It's a good waterproof liner that lasts all day, but I just don't think it's worth the price.

11. Lancome Definicils Mascara-And finally, the mascara I've bought more of than any other mascara. I keep coming back to this mascara time and time again because it really is a good all around mascara. It gives decent volume, length, and definition, and has never once failed me. I don't usually use this as my daily mascara which is why a tube of this lasts me forever and I will definitely repurchase in the future.

That's it for now! More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great reviews!! I need to stop reading these, I buy too many things that way! lol <3

    ReplyDelete