Sunday, May 29, 2011

{Review} Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Pearl

Hi everyone! This is going to be a review for the Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color in Black Pearl. Although I do have other Chanel nail polishes, this is going to be my first review of one on the blog. I just had to do a review on such a pretty and unusual color!



The shade I got is Black Pearl, from the Chanel Spring 2011 collection. I think you might be able to still find it in a few stores, but I would hurry. The color is a blackened, metallic teal/green, with blue and green glitters in it as well.



One thing I really love about Chanel nail polishes is that the big square cap comes off. I really like Lancome nail polishes too, but they can sometimes be very difficult to use because the cap is so large and as far as I've tried, isn't removable.

And finally, swatches:
It's a blackened metallic muted teal/green with blue and green sparkles in it.


On the nail it is very very metallic, but honestly my nails look atrocious right now lol! I don't have anything like this in my collection. I have things that have a similar finish, but not even close on the shade so I fell in love! As far as dark colors go, this one actually isn't too bad on the nail which I like. It is very very metallic so it reflects light. You will need two coats to reach full opacity and they dry fairly quickly. If you don't like any streaks in even metallic polishes then I would stay away from this polish. Although it looks stunning, it takes a bit of work to apply it evenly. I don't mind the effort as I quite like metallic polishes. That's the only negative (well, other than price) that I can think of. I love Chanel's unique colors and this one is no exception.

Info:

Price: $25

Ingredients: (to be posted)

No comments:

Post a Comment