Saturday, December 25, 2010

Review: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Groupie


Just in time for the holidays, especially New Year's, I thought I'd do a review on this glitter liner I got as a gift a little while back. I know that New Year's Eve is when everyone breaks out the silver, the shimmer, the glitter and I thought I'd give you a review on something that works very well for the type of product it is.


The shade I got it in is Groupie, a glittery (well, obviously, lol!) pale pink.


Isn't it stunning!? There's also a pale golden shade that I've been eyeing.

The brush:

I really like the brush on just about all of Urban Decay's liquid liners. I usually don't like the brushes that come with liquid liners. They tend to be too thick for my liking as well as carry too much product making application messy. I usually use my own small liner brush with them. I don't have to do that with this liner or Urban Decay's regular liquid liners. The brush is very thin and is just flexible enough to make lining very easy.

Some swatches:

As you can see, it is just glitter suspended in a clear gel of some sort.

Another swatch:

It's sooooo pretty!!! I love pale pinks and lately I've been loving anything with glitter and sequins on them. I went through a huge matte phase these last couple of years, but lately I've been craving glitter, haha! As you can see from the swatches above, the liners are on the sheer side, but really I think this a good thing because I think most people who wear this liner want just a hint of glitter, not a straight line of just glitter. If you do want a more opaque look it's easy enough to layer this liner. just give it a few seconds in between layers to dry a bit. What really impressed me was the lasting power of this liner. It stayed put all night! I was worried that I would end up with glitter all over my face, but I didn't have to worry at all! This liner is perfect for glamming up a simple look or just going out for the night. At $18 it isn't cheap, but then again you probably won't be using this everyday so it should last you a long while.

As much as I love this liner, I do have to warn CONTACT WEARERS that glitter liners, or any kind of glitter product, around the eyes isn't a good idea. I actually ended up giving this to my sister because it got into my eyes and I ended up ruining a pair of contacts. If you're careful and don't rub/touch your eyes you may get away with wearing this liner, but I don't recommend that you risk your eyes. I wore the liner on the upper lash line and then I also put some on my lashes for a bit of extra oomph, which is what I think did me in. I had a couple pieces of glitter end up in my right eye and let me tell you, it wasn't fun. If you do wear this liner with your contacts, I highly urge you to completely wash all of your eye makeup off before going to bed. And don't just use a wipe because you may end up rubbing the glitter into your eyes. Try using a liquid makeup remover on a cotton bud. This works best for me. If you don't wear contacts and are looking for something to give your eye makeup a little punch on New Years Eve, I highly recommend this one!!!

Info:

Price: $18 (for .25 oz)

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Acrylates Copolymer, PVP, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Polyurethane-11, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Disclosure: This product was given to me as a gift for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, feel free to ask in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment