Sunday, December 5, 2010

Review: Mac Smoky Thrillseekers Pigments

First review from my Black Friday hauls!!! I got Mac's Smoky Thrillseekers mini pigment set. I have to say that these are stunning! You get five mini pigments for $32.50, definitely a value!


L to R: Jigs & Jive, Blue Brown, Naked, Reflects Blackened Red (glitter), Dark Soul.

Some swatches (sorry for blur):

Top to Bottom: Reflects Blackened Red, Dark Soul, Blue Brown, Jigs & Jive, Naked.


L to R: Naked, Jigs & Jive, Blue Brown, Dark Soul, Reflects Blackened Red.


L to R:Naked, Jigs & Jive, Blue Brown, Dark Soul, Reflects Blackened Red.

First off, one def plus for these is versatility. Included are shades that you can use for an everyday look or a going out look. I know a lot of people are concerned about Blue Brown looking too strange, but although it is duochrome, the teal shimmer is very understated when you blend. I've been using Naked all over the lid and brow and then putting a bit of Blue Brown into the crease. You can't really see the blue until I move my head and catch the light. I'm very fair, so if I works for me (pretty much casper, lol!) it should work for someone with a darker complexion. I've actually been getting a lot of compliments and a lot of people have asked what I've got on my eyes, which is always nice! My favorite of the bunch is the Reflects Blackened Red. It's gorgeous!!! I don't have anything like this in my collection. I wore it out to a party the other night just over a smudged black shadow stick (from NYX) and it was so glittery and shiny. My eyes looked wet/sequined! And it makes my blue eyes pop! I highly recommend this set. My only complaints are the small vials --very difficult to get product out sometimes when I'm in a hurry, and the fact that except for Jigs & Jive, all of the colors are permanent. If you already have some of these, it may not be worth buying this set. If you're new to pigments though, I highly recommend!!! And this is one of the Mac holiday releases that actually saves you money!!!

Info:

Price: $32.50

Ingredients: Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. Pigment may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Green, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7.

Disclosure: The products featured in this post were bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment