Saturday, March 6, 2010

Review: Lancome Juicy Tube in Ginger Palace


I know all of you guys are probably sick and tired of seeing Lancome reviews, so I promise that this is the last one for a long long time, haha! I'm just a really big fan of Lanome. So many of their products are absolutely phenomenal, and the Juicy Tubes aren't excluded! The one above is Ginger Palace, from the fall 2008 Maharani Jewels Collection.



Here's the applicator:


And a couple of swatches:


And on my lips:


The color is a warm orangy brown with fine shimmer in it. It kinda looks looks like brown sugar, but warmer. Oh, and it smells sooooo good! It's like a mix of sweet brown sugar, orange, and something else... I'm not quite sure what, but it smells delicious. That is, if you like scented lip glosses. For a while, I didn't even notice that Lancome's lip glosses all smell differently, even the ones in the permanent collection. I tend to like scented glosses, but if you don't avoid this one because the scent is fairly strong (not overpowering, however, in my opinion).

In terms of application and wear, this gloss goes on very smooth, like most of Lancome's glosses. It isn't very sticky and easily lasts three hours. Now, on my lips above, it doesn't look that glossy, but it depends on how you apply it. I prefer a lighter application with this color--I just think it looks better with a neutral. But you can apply it thicker for a more glossier look just as easily. It is very comfortable on the lips, and very moisturizing as well. My lips feel sooo soft after I take this off!!!

And because nothings perfect, I do have a couple of small complaints. One, my gloss is starting to separate. I know I've had this gloss for about a year and a half (I bought it at TJMaxx a while after the collection came out), but I've had other glosses for longer and they're still fine! And can you see how messy the applicator is in the third picture!? There's gloss all over it, even where it screws into the cap. So not cool!!! I try to clean it up as best as possible, but it keeps getting messy. I think it's because, compared to other Lancome Juicy Tubes, this formula is a bit thinner, runnier. Overall, I still love the actual product and highly recommend it!!!

Info:

Price: $18

Ingredients: Polybutene, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, C18-36 acid triglyceride, tridecyl trimellitate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, silica dimethyl silylate, linalool, geranoil, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, eugenol, sodium saccharin, silica, limonene, citral, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyethylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, benayl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benayl salicylate, alpha-isomethyl oilone, hexyl cinnamal, isobutylparaben, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, bht, fragrance.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment