Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review: Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Femme Petale


This is a review for Lancome's Color Fever Gloss in Femme Petale, a sheer pink. I've already reviewed another Color Fever Gloss here, so this is more of a shade review. Refer to the other review (here) if you want to see more of my thoughts on this product.

Like all the other Color Fever Glosses this one has the same type of applicator.


Here's a couple of swatches:



I don't know how well you can tell from the pics above, but it has some gold and red shimmer in it. Originally, I had thought that it was just a matte pink, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had some shimmer in it. It's not a noticeable amount, not unless you look really closely, but it leaves your lips shimmering after the gloss has worn off. I also really like how, while it has some golden shimmer in it, it is fairly cool toned. Most of the pink glosses on the market are usually very warm, so this was a good find for me. If I wear it over a bit of a nude lipstick it gives my lips that purplish look that was so popular last spring with some of MAC's Dazzleglass lip glosses. At $26 retail, these glosses are certainly not cheap,but if you live near a TJMaxx or a Marshall's, I highly recommend checking for them there, as they usually have them for $7.99!!! This gloss was a limited edition one, but I'm sure you can find it online somewhere.

Info:

Price: $26

Ingredients: C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Linalool, Geraniol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Citronellol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Parfum/Fragrance; May Contain: CI 15850/Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

Disclosure: The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment