Saturday, March 13, 2010

Super Bright Essie Nails!!!

Ok, so I'm not, by any means, a super bright nail polish person. I tend to stick to dusty lilacs, pinks, or go really dark with navy's and burgundy's. Lately, however, I've really been craving neon/really bright nail polish, and I was lucky enough to get some mini's on sale at a salon in the mall. Here's a tip for those of you who like Essie and OPI but hate to spend almost nine bucks on a nail polish: raid the clearance bins at the salons in the mall. I always stop by the Regis Salon or Trade Secret's at my mall and they always have something good. I got these babies for a buck each!!! I also got a few full size OPI's (Parlez-Vouz OPI, Baguette Me Not, Russian Navy, Black Cherry Chuteny, and more) for around three bucks each!!!!!! That's crazy!!!!! I'll post some pics of those later, but this post is dedicated to two of the four Essie mini's I got.

The shades are Turning Heads Reds (left) and Fearless (right):


Turning Heads Reds is a jelly orange based red. If you're looking for something super pigmented and opaque, this is not your color because it is a little bit shear. You'll probably need three coats for it to be completely opaque.


Fearless is a neon orange. It is A LOT brighter in person than it is in the pic above and those below. I'm not too crazy about this one for my hands, but it really makes my feet stand out. Too band I can't wear flip flops yet :(


Here they are on my nails:

Fearless is the orange above, Turning Heads Reds is below. You can really see how Turning Heads Reds is kind of shear, not that I mind because I wasn't looking for anything too heavy. And my nails are so short because I grew them out but they started to break on me :( I've got pretty weak nails that tend to peel (the top layer of my nail-at the edge-will peel off, leaving the edges of my nails really weak). I work with a lot of clay in my ceramics classes, and clay just sucks the moisture right out of your hands. My knuckles are always red, dry, and chapped in the winter, so Vaseline becomes my best friend really quickly, haha!

Anyway, back to nail polish. Here they are in more natural lighting:

Fearless (left) looks quite a bit red/subdued in this pic, but it really is brighter in person.

I hope you liked these. Let me know if you'd like to see more nail polish posts. This is my first one and it is a bit of an experiment. Till next time!

2 comments: