Sunday, February 22, 2009

Review: Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick

I was at Target a few days ago and picked this lippie up in shade A12, Sugar Plum Ice. It's a very nude, sheer pink, very cool toned. I recently finished a tube of Rimmel London's Dreamy, and was looking for a replacement. I remember watching pinkiecharms rave review of this lipstick on YouTube (you can watch it here), so I was curious to try it out. I myself am not a huge fan of Maybelline, but I'm glad I picked this up because I really like it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures--I'm using a new camera, and still haven't figured out all of the macro settings.

Here are some swatches:
Photobucket
The color is very nude, very peachy, and completely different from the swatch on the Maybelline site, which has it as a light purple, almost.

Photobucket
At this angle, you can really see how shiny it is!

Here it is on my lips:
Photobucket
And I know, my lips are in bad condition! I'm gonna exfoliate them tonight, I just haven't gotten the chance to yet. Anyhow, back to the review. I was really impressed with the formula of this lipstick. It went on very silky and creamy, very smooth. The color itself was okay, but it washed my lips out a little. I'm probably going to get a darker shade next time, just so that I don't feel like a ghost, hehe! The lipsticks have SPF 15, jojoba oil, and shea butter, so they are great for your lips, never making them feel dry or flaky. I really like that they have SPF. Not many drugstore lipsticks do, especially at this price, and it's important to protect your lips. Lasting power with this lipstick was okay. I had to touch up in about two and a half to three hours, which isn't bad, but then again, I was wearing a light color. If the color was darker than you'd have to reapply very often,but I don't think you'll have a problem with feathering. The only thing that bothered me about this lipstick is the scent. It smells like watermelon, very strongly. At first I didn't mind, I actually thought it smelled good. But after wearing it for a few days the scent began to be overpowering, sort of sickly sweet. If you discount that, however, you have a great lipstick that I'd recommend to anyone!

Info:

Price:$5.49 (Retail)

Ingredients: Allantoin (0.6%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl 2 Diisostearate, Octyldodecanol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Polyethylene, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG 5 Rapeseed Sterol, Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Fragrance, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, BHT, Propylene Carbonate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, C12 16 Alcohols, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Tin Oxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7, Yellow 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 36

Disclosure:The product featured in this post was bought by me for the purpose of my personal use. If you have any further questions about disclosure, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment