Wednesday, March 9, 2011

{Favorites} February 2011

So here are February Favorites! I know, a little late but everything's been so hectic lately that this is the fastest I could get them out. Not as many as last month, but I've been using a lot of the same so I figured I'd skip the repeats.

1. Skincare
L to R: Nature's Gate C For Yourself Serum, Philosophy Grace Perfumed Body Lotion, The Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue Lotion.

I've really been loving all three. I'm almost done with the Philosophy Grace lotion (you can't tell, but trust me on that) and I'm thinking about getting the full size. I put this on right after I get out of the shower, all over, and it makes me smell like I've spent the day at the beach! So pretty! I always get compliments when I wear this.

The C For Yourself serum is a bit heavier than I like a serum to be so I haven't been wearing it during the day but rather at night underneath my regular moisturizer. It's a re-texturizing serum and in the morning my skin feels really smooth like I've exfoliated.

The texture of The Body Shops Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue cream is unlike anything I've ever tried before. It's more solid than a regular lotion, but almost has the consistency of a balm, but softer. It smells amazing though and makes my feet feel so smooth and soft. I put this on before bed, a thick layer, and wear socks. I wake up in the morn with the most soft and supple feet.

L to R: Nature's Gate C For Yourself Serum, Philosophy Grace, and The Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue.

2. Makeup
Clockwise: Dior 5 Color Eyeshadow in Earth Reflection, Nars Single Eyeshadow in Nepal, and L.A. Colors 12 Color E/S Palette in Traditional.

I've really been into neutrals this month. I never really go nuts with eyeshadow but I usually wear a mix of neutrals and a shade of purple or navy. This past month has really just ben neutrals. I've especially been loving pairing my Nars shadow in Nepal with any of the shades from the L.A. Colors 12 Color Palette in Traditional. If you remember, I got this palette for $1 (!!!), but it is really an awesome neutral palette. The Dior palette is great too, but it can bee a bit to shimmery for day so I've been using it at night with a liquid liner.

3. Hair Care:
Garnier Nutrient Spray and H2O Spa Hair Repair Seaweed Mask and Conditioner

I've been using the H2O Seaweed Mask and Conditioner as a hair conditioner. If I use it as a mask it is a bit too heavy for my thick hair. As you can see I'm almost done and I definitely will repurchase this one. It doesn't smell the best, kinda herbal-y, but my hair feels really healthy after I use it.

The Garnier Nutrient Spray is one of those products that has the dual layer (like Lancome's famous Bi-Facil makeup remover). You shake it up and then spray. I use this on damp towel dried hair before I blow dry. If I use it on dry hair I have to be careful not to spritz too much or my hair will be too oily. On dry hair one spray is enough to give me some shine. On damp hair I spray 3 times, rub it in, and then blow dry. My hair ends up looking very very healthy and shiny. You have to remember to shake it before using it otherwise the oil and water based ingredients won't work together.

4. Perfume
Marc Jacobs Splash in Gardenia

All this is is a body spray. It smells amazing. My favorite flower is the white gardenia. I love how they smell and look and everything lol! This spray is light and perfect for everyday use. I layer this over the Philosophy Grace lotion after I shower and then maybe another perfume like my Chance by Chanel. People always ask what I'm wearing when I wear this, especially when I layer it over Philosophy Grace. If you want an inexpensive dupe for this, Bodycology has a body spray in white gardenia. It's around $4 and it smells exactly the same only a little bit stronger. They actually have an entire line of lotions, sprays etc with the white gardenia scent. I've reviewed the lotion from the collection.




I've been using this for most of the month and I've barely made a dent in the MASSIVE bottle. You get an astounding 10 fl oz!!! I've only used a tiny bit over a cm, so this is going to last me forever.

That's it for February! I'll be posting a haul later today so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment