Sunday, May 20, 2012

{Review} Charlotte Ronson Lipgloss in Anabelle

Charlotte Ronson Lip Gloss in Anabelle



















If you are unfamiliar with the relatively new brand Charlotte Ronson, you are really missing out. I recently discovered it on one of my trips to Sephora and I've got to say that I'm craving more! Charlotte Ronson, twin sister of Samantha Ronson, is a designer who has recently branched into makeup and I've got to say, I love her line. I didn't purchase much, but I did get a chance to swatch some of the glosses and shadows and they are great. The packaging is simple, cute, and chic, and the shades vary between classic and modern. The pricing is reasonable and the selection, though somewhat limited, interesting.  I look forward to trying out more from this brand because the gloss I did purchase really impressed me.

Charlotte Ronson Lip Gloss in Anabelle



















The shade I purchased is Anabelle, which is a sheer red. Among all the shades sold, this one jumped out at me for several reasons. One, it's a fairly true red. No pink, no orange in the mix. It's not too  cool, not too warm so it's a good choice for just about any skin tone. In addition, it's a sheer red. I absolutely hate glosses that are too opaque. If I wanted a liquid lipstick, I'd buy one. With my skin tone, reds tend to make me look very pale, so I  usually stay away from them. If you're looking for very wearable red, this gloss is a good choice. If you want to wear it very sheer, just layer a bit of it over a balm. If you apply a thin layer on bare lips, it will be sheer, but you can layer it for more opacity. Or you can wear it over a red lip liner or lipstick for a very shiny statement lip. Whichever way you choose to wear it, it's difficult to go wrong with this gloss.

Charlotte Ronson Lip Gloss in Anabelle (Cap)



















The gloss is packaged in a slim heart shaped container. It's cute and chic! And unlike some of the other brands that have tried to do cute packaging, this does not look childish at all, which is nice!

Charlotte Ronson Lip Gloss in Anabelle (Applicator-Front)



















I'm in love with this applicator. It isn't unique to this gloss. I've been seeing it on many glosses, from Revlon to Sephora brand. I much prefer this applicator to the standard doe foot. This version features a flattened front, almost like a little paddle.

Charlotte Ronson Lip Gloss in Anabelle (Applicator-Side)



















When you turn it side ways, you see that the applicator is slanted, making application a lot easier. The way the applicator is smaller at the tip than the base makes application more precise as well.

Charlotte Ronson Lip Gloss in Anabelle (Swatch)


Charlotte Ronson Lip Gloss in Anabelle (Swatch) (Sorry for the blur!!)


Sorry for the blur in the pic. I've been using my iPhone to take pics lately cuz it's faster and more convenient than taking them with my camera and having to deal with cords and transfer etc. The downside is that I can't do much with zoom.  The shade in both swatches is fairly accurate, thought he lip swatch is coming across a little more pink than it is in real life. The lip swatch is  a thicker application, but as you can see from the first swatch, you can apply it very sheer or layer it for more opacity.

How does it wear? Very well! The gloss is on the thinner side, but not runny by any means or sticky. It will last a good 2-3 hours without eating or drinking. I love how when it wears off it leaves my lips looking a little bit stained, like I've been eating raspberries. Very pretty! It's also completely matte, which is a good thing because shimmer tends to seep into fine lines. No such problems with this gloss. It has a fresh, almost minty scent, but it is not a plumper and does not tingle at all. It feels cool on the lips, which is nice during the summer. The scent is very light, dissipates after a few minutes, not cloying at all. All in all, a very very shiny red gloss and I highly recommend! In fact, a few of the other shades are calling my name lol! Check them out the next time you're at Sephora!

Tried it? Loved it? Hated it? Let me know in comments?

Info:

Price: $14

Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil Synthetic Fluorphlogopite Fragrance/Parfum, Flavor/Aroma, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Saccharin, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Geraniol, Citral, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Limonene, May Contain:, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491; Ci 77492; Ci 77499) Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410).

2 comments:

  1. $14 isn't so bad for such an awesome gloss! Especially in a color like red that actually looks good on. I have about 10 different red glosses/lipsticks/stains in my collection and I don't think I've ever worn one out of the house without taking most of it off first. Going to sephora soon to check it out! Thanks!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain lol I once went through an entire tube of red lipstick ( I think it was Revlon Certainly Red) without ever wearing it out of the house. I'd just experiment with red lips haha. Let me know what you think of Anabelle or any other shades in the collection that catch your eye!

    ReplyDelete