Thursday, July 21, 2011

{Review} Sally Beauty Sally Girl Eyeshadows


(L to R) Sally Girl Eyeshadows in Cream Cocoa, Espresso, Eggplant, and Midnight.

A while back, I'd been browsing beauty blogs online and I came across a raving review about these Sally Girl eyeshadows. I was intrigued. These shadows only cost a buck, can be put together in palettes, have great pigmentation, a massive selection of shades, and oh yeah, they're only a buck each! Now, I'd walked by this display at Sally's many many times, writing the makeup off as cheap, putting it at the same level as older New York Color formulations. But after seeing that review, I just had to give them a try, so I ran down to Sally's and made my very own quad!


(L to R) Sally Girl Eyeshadows in Cream Cocoa, Espresso, Eggplant, and Midnight.

The colors I got are the ones I usually get, purples and browns. But honestly, each color is unique! I don't have anything exactly like them in my collection, which surprised me. My favorite of the bunch are Cream Cocoa and Espresso. Cream Cocoa isn't just a white. It has the teeniest bit of green in it. I don't know how that looks good on me, but for some reason it goes better with my undertones. Espresso actually goes on a bit darker than it looks and has this very glam feel to it. It has enough orange in it that it makes my blue eyes pop, but not enough to make me look like I've got orange on.


(L to R) Sally Girl Eyeshadows in Cream Cocoa, Espresso, Eggplant, and Midnight.

The thing I love best about these is that you can customize a decent quality palette for a very cheap price and with shades that are stunning! Sometimes I take Cream Cocoa and Espresso as a duo, other times take all four, and other times I'll take Eggplant, Midnight, and Cream Cocoa in a trio. Depending on what I'm doing that day, I can pick and choose what I want to take with me, which is great. It does take a little bit of practice to get the shadows together quickly.

Swatches:

(L to R) Sally Girl Eyeshadows in Cream Cocoa, Espresso, Eggplant, and Midnight.

How stunning are the shades!? It was a bit difficult to get the green in Cream Cocoa to show through, so don't let the swatch discourage you. It doesn't look super green on my skin, it just blends in effortlessly. All four of the colors are very very pigmented. I was actually shocked at how pigmented the colors are. You hardly need any to get a very high impact look. They also blend in very very well, and feel very smooth, like butter lol! The only negative I can think of are that they are just a bit more powdery than other shadows that are pressed a bit more densely. You definitely need to tap of excess well, especially with midnight, or you run the risk of major all out. Other than that, these are great for the price!

Info:

Price: $1 (ea)

Ingredients: TALC ,ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE ,MAGNESIUM STEARATE ,METHYLPARABEN ,PHENOXYETHANOL ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,PROPYLPARABEN ,BUTYLPARABEN ,ASCORBYL PALMITATE ,CI 77891 ,CI 77499 ,CI 77492 ,CI 77491 ,MICA

No comments:

Post a Comment