Sunday, June 9, 2013

{Review} Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes

Hey there! Today's review is for a new product my mom actually introduced me to earlier this year. She has a Costco card and is a big fan of their beauty section. She knows that I've been using their Signature Baby Wipes (these!) probably for about the last five years and she thought that I might like to give these makeup wipes a try. They are the Daily Facial Towelettes, ultra mild formula.



According to Costco (click here to see this product on their site) these makeup wipes remove eye and face makeup effectively and are gentle enough to use around the eyes. Now, I NEVER use any kind of makeup removing wipe to attempt to remove eye makeup. I usually use an oil based makeup remover (I used to use Almay and now I use straight up coconut oil) to dissolve the eye makeup. I only use a wipe as a carrier so to speak for the actual eye makeup remover. 

The reason I do not use makeup removing wipes to get rid of eye makeup is that my eyes are very sensitive. Since I started wearing contacts my eyes have become extremely sensitive, especially given that I wear them sometimes from 4 or 5 am to midnight or later. Even the most natural and gentile of makeup wipes still sting and make my eyes red, so honestly I did not have high hopes for these wipes. 



Now, Kirkland markets these towelettes as ultra-mild. I would have to disagree with this. When I attempted to remove my eye makeup with one of these wipes, they stung horribly, even though I kept my eyes closed. For that reason, I can't really speak to how well these remove eye makeup because I honestly did not try to finish removing it with these wipes.

I can however say that these towelettes do an amazing job at removing face makeup. The actual wipes are much larger than any other wipe I've used before and are very damp. In addition, they are soft and have a faint quilted design imprinted on them. They look, feel and smell luxurious.

The dampness of these wipes is a big plus for me. I love that the people at Kirkland put a plastic snap lid on container. I absolutely hate it when there is a large sticker because the wipes always dry out on me. These were perfectly moist until the very last one.  The dampness greatly contributed to a very clean feeling face. Sometimes when I got lazy (not often, I promise lol) I would just use one of these on my face and not feel like I had to wash my face after. They leave your face feeling that clean.

Also, when you buy the large pack you also get several small travel 15 count packs which are very convenient. On the Costco site they are listed as $37.99 for 300. I think my mom bought a pack of 150 in the store, and payed around $15 or $20.

Although I did enjoy using these wipes, because they sting my eyes I will not be repurchasing these. I think I'm gonna stick to their Signature Baby Wipes because not only are they cheaper ($30 for 900, 3 cents per wipe) but I can use them around the eyes without worrying. Take this review with a grain of salt because my eyes are extremely sensitive. If you prefer to use towelettes to remove eye makeup I say give these a try because they are very nice.

Info:

Price: $37.99 for 300 wipes (link), about 13 cents per wipe.

Ingredients: Water, cetearyl isononanoate, ceteareth-20, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cetyl palmitate, ceteareth-12, propylene glycol, chamomilla pecutita (matricaria) flower extract, centaurea cyanus flower extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, camellia oleifera (green tea leaf) extract, tocopheryl (vitamin e) acetate, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, sodium citrate, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 2-bromo-2nitropropane-1,3-diol.








No comments:

Post a Comment